[Solved] AMD - Black Screen then crash (After driver uninstall and reinstall)

Solution is i deleted my profile as stated in responses. It still crashed than i ended up closing out of my OC Genie software (For a my AMD Gigabyte card) and that fixed the crashing right there!

So i was able ot start the game, and it would black screen and crash.

Saw the thing about AMD users so i uninstalled, restarted. Re-installed. Restarted. Started game back up - but this time i was able to actually start playing the game for about 10 seconds after it loaded. Now im back to the same problem!!

Error log is

Sun Jul 10 22:58:43 2016
Version 2.1, Build Number 31, Changelist Number 1237961
Loaded Archive: 'Homeworld2.big’
Failed to Load Archive '…\DATAUPDATES\UpdateHomeworld2.big’
Loaded Archive: 'HW1Ships.big’
Failed to Load Archive '…\DATAUPDATES\UpdateHW1Ships.big’
Loaded Archive: 'HW2Ships.big’
Failed to Load Archive '…\DATAUPDATES\UpdateHW2Ships.big’
Loaded Archive: 'HWBackgrounds.big’
Failed to Load Archive '…\DATAUPDATES\UpdateHWBackgrounds.big’
UTIL – filepath failure, path doesn’t exists 'D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Homeworld\HomeworldRM\data\locale\English’
Loaded Archive: 'English.big’
Failed to Load Archive '…\DATAUPDATES\UpdateEnglish.big’
Failed to Load Archive '…\DATAUPDATES\Compatibility.big’
Loaded Archive: 'D:\STEAMLIBRARY\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\HOMEWORLD\HOMEWORLDRM\DATA\HW2Campaign.big’
Loaded DLC Campaign Archive: 'D:\STEAMLIBRARY\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\HOMEWORLD\HOMEWORLDRM\DATA\HW2Campaign.big’
Failed to Load Archive '…\DATAUPDATES\UpdateHW2Campaign.big’
Loaded Archive: 'D:\STEAMLIBRARY\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\HOMEWORLD\HOMEWORLDRM\DATA\EnglishHW2Campaign.big’
Loaded DLC Campaign Localized Data Archive: 'D:\STEAMLIBRARY\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\HOMEWORLD\HOMEWORLDRM\DATA\EnglishHW2Campaign.big’
Failed to Load Archive '…\DATAUPDATES\UpdateEnglishHW2Campaign.big’
Loaded Archive: 'D:\STEAMLIBRARY\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\HOMEWORLD\HOMEWORLDRM\DATA\EnglishSpeechHW2Campaign.big’
Loaded DLC Campaign Speech Archive: 'D:\STEAMLIBRARY\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\HOMEWORLD\HOMEWORLDRM\DATA\EnglishSpeechHW2Campaign.big’
Failed to Load Archive '…\DATAUPDATES\UpdateEnglishSpeechHW2Campaign.big’
Loaded Archive: 'D:\STEAMLIBRARY\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\HOMEWORLD\HOMEWORLDRM\DATA\MusicHW2Campaign.big’
Loaded DLC Campaign Music Archive: 'D:\STEAMLIBRARY\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\HOMEWORLD\HOMEWORLDRM\DATA\MusicHW2Campaign.big’
Failed to Load Archive '…\DATAUPDATES\UpdateMusicHW2Campaign.big’
Uing …profiles\ for profiles folder
Changing from a 32 bit colour depth in winNT (6.1 build 7600),
Display: (0, 0, 1920, 1080) - (0, 0)
Switching to a 1920x1080 32bit mode
GL Info: 3.3 - 3.3.13431 Compatibility Profile Context 16.150.2211.0
GL Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
GL Renderer: AMD Radeon R9 200 Series
GL Part ID: 200
Loaded Archive: 'EnglishSpeech.big’
Failed to Load Archive '…\DATAUPDATES\UpdateEnglishSpeech.big’
Loaded Archive: 'Music.big’
Failed to Load Archive ‘…\DATAUPDATES\UpdateMusic.big’
SOUND – created destination [ fdaudio ], handle [ 4 ] with [ 48 ] channels created
SOUND – created destination [ fda streamer ], handle [ 5 ] with [ 8 ] channels created
SOUND – created destination [ dxa streamer ], handle [ 0 ] with [ 8 ] channels created
SOUND – created destination [ dxaudio ], handle [ 1 ] with [ 48 ] channels created
Build name:
Data path : D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Homeworld\HomeworldRM\data
Font Load: data:UI\Font\Blender.rcf, 1920,1080
Font Attr: 14, Biu
No mapping for font ‘Blender’ - using ‘default’
GAME – Using player profile daterxies
Resetting fp PC control word.
CmdLine: -fullMiniDump -dlccampaign HW2Campaign.big -campaign Ascension -moviepath DataHW2Campaign
parameter: attempt to call global SetTacticalDotScale' (a nil value) stack traceback: 1: main of string "SetTacticalDotScale(1.0 );" at line 1 2: functionUI_ShowScreen’ [C]
3: main of string “UI_ShowScreen(“FEGameOptions”, eTransition)” at line 1
parameter: attempt to call global SetTacticalDotScale' (a nil value) stack traceback: 1: main of string "SetTacticalDotScale(1.0 );" at line 1 2: functionUI_ShowScreen’ [C]
3: main of string “UI_ShowScreen(“FEGameOptions”, eTransition)” at line 1

Did you try all the options given here ?

In the link above, Id specifically recommend deleting your homeworld remastered profile.

Below is what i thought the solution was - However when i tried to play it tonight, same problem came back. CTD as soon as i launch!
__

Alright… I’m not sure which one did it. I reinstalled, uninstalled and reinstalled visual c++and also set it to run in Windows 7 compatability mode and it works now, but the odd thing is its running at 60fps, but for some reason still seems like the ships are choppy?

I have a r9 290, i5 4670k @ 4ghz and 16gb 1600mhz ram.

Thoughts? Thanks !!

Good !

Could you add a (resolved) to your thread’s title ? It will help others with the same kind of problem finding a solution :slight_smile:

Edit : Arghhh !

Did you try deleting your HWR profile? Steam will redownload it even after a reinstall. Your log file looked like you may have a problem with your profile.

—>Player profile can get corrupted, delete it from: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Homeworld\HomeworldRM\Bin\Profiles\Profile#”

If that doesnt help Id try all the relevant solutions in that thread.