Homeworld RM is launching with a black screen since I changed my gpu. It doesn’t crash, the intro movie, music/sound are playing but nothing on screen. It happens with both classic & RM versions.
I went from an AMD to a Nvidia GPU. I reinstalled Windows (10 x64) for the occasion & did the same for Homeworld RM. I have the latest drivers (368.69).
I5 4690K @4.2Ghz
MSI 1070 @stock
What I did before posting :
- Checked .NET & C++ runtimes
- Changed Nvidia settings to performance mode & “let the application decide” mode
- Launched the game in windowed mode
- Deleted the profile folder
- Verified the files with Steam
- Tried launching in different compatibility modes (W7, W XP)
- Don’t have any OC or overlay software
- Made the necessary exception for both the launcher & RM exe on my AV software
I’m really at a loss now. I don’t see what more I could do. It reminds me of the issue with Nvidia & IGPU on laptops ~ But it’s a desktop & my IGPU is definitely disabled in BIOS. Also tried to change some Nvidia settings that could be related but without success.
If anyone can help, that would be great.
Linking my log file in a 2nd post.