(Solved) Changing ship info such as HP & Speed?

I cannot find a clear explanation anywhere else on how to change basic info on ships within the remastered games. This was easily done in the original games by extracting the main BIG file, encrypting the info, and using Notepad to edit each .shp file then place the new folder within the Data directory. I have tried this according to the below reddit URL with no success.

The main Homeworld2.big file in the remastered version does not contain ship info, so I followed the same process for the Homeworld2ship.big file and boom there it all was laid out just as it was for the original games. Thing is following the same process as I did for the original games does not work in the remastered version. The game loads but freezed upon mission loadup. I’m using Windows 10 Home if that makes any difference.

Thanks for any help here, and if I overlooked the info I need someplace else, please just point me in that direction.

first guess solution: use the .big files from the dataupdates folder rather than the data folder as your starting point. the .ship files have changed significantly since release, and most of the ones from release will crash the current game. dataupdates contains the up to date ones.

Tried it, the updateHW2ships.big file (The one in the DateUpdates folder) only contains files on the individual ships that have been changed within that update. I tried for the hell of it on one of the ships in the updated file (I changed the HP value), places the edited file back into that folder, same thing. Game starts up but when I’m on the last leg on loading a skirmish, it crashes until I remove the edited data folder…

upload your modified file here, I’ll take a look at it.

Could you also launch your game with the -luatrace command line parameter and upload your hwrm.log file so that we can help you determine why the crash occurs ?

Snake, how exactly do I launch the game with that -luatrace added on in Windows 10? Do I do this somehow through Steam? also where is the hwrm.log file located so I can copy and paste it in my reply?

This is the only .shp file I edited, and I only changed the max health ffrom 80000 to 1800000 just to see if it would work.

Your folder structure should be:

HomeworldRM > Data > ship > hgn_carrier > hgn_carrier.ship

That is what it was, I placed all the files exactly as they were when they were extracted only edited some data (I only changed the HP of the higaran carrier just to see if it works), started the game as is, no command line changes, it loads (I tried it in skirmish mode) but the carrier HP are standard, not what I changed them to.

This is my log file. (I figured out how to use the properties within Stream to start the game with luatrace). The game no longer freezes, it successfully loads a skirmish, but the HP change I made to the Hgn carrier.shp file didn’t work.

Fri Mar 25 19:30:01 2016
Version 1.30, Build Number 21, Changelist Number 1089620
Loaded Archive: ‘Homeworld2.big’
Loaded Archive: ‘UpdateHomeworld2.big’
Loaded Archive: ‘HW1Ships.big’
Loaded Archive: ‘UpdateHW1Ships.big’
Loaded Archive: ‘HW2Ships.big’
Loaded Archive: ‘UpdateHW2Ships.big’
Loaded Archive: ‘HWBackgrounds.big’
Loaded Archive: ‘UpdateHWBackgrounds.big’
UTIL – filepath failure, path doesn’t exists ‘K:\Steam\steamapps\common\Homeworld\HomeworldRM\data\locale\English’
Loaded Archive: ‘English.big’
Loaded Archive: ‘UpdateEnglish.big’
Loaded Archive: ‘Compatibility.big’
Failed to Load Archive ‘K:\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\HOMEWORLD\HOMEWORLDRM\DATA\HWArgon.big’
Loaded Archive: ‘K:\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\HOMEWORLD\HOMEWORLDRM\DATA\HW2Campaign.big’
Loaded DLC Campaign Archive: ‘K:\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\HOMEWORLD\HOMEWORLDRM\DATA\HW2Campaign.big’
Loaded Archive: ‘UpdateHW2Campaign.big’
Loaded Archive: ‘K:\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\HOMEWORLD\HOMEWORLDRM\DATA\EnglishHW2Campaign.big’
Loaded DLC Campaign Localized Data Archive: ‘K:\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\HOMEWORLD\HOMEWORLDRM\DATA\EnglishHW2Campaign.big’
Failed to Load Archive ‘…\DATAUPDATES\UpdateEnglishHW2Campaign.big’
Loaded Archive: ‘K:\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\HOMEWORLD\HOMEWORLDRM\DATA\EnglishSpeechHW2Campaign.big’
Loaded DLC Campaign Speech Archive: ‘K:\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\HOMEWORLD\HOMEWORLDRM\DATA\EnglishSpeechHW2Campaign.big’
Loaded Archive: ‘UpdateEnglishSpeechHW2Campaign.big’
Loaded Archive: ‘K:\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\HOMEWORLD\HOMEWORLDRM\DATA\MusicHW2Campaign.big’
Loaded DLC Campaign Music Archive: ‘K:\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\HOMEWORLD\HOMEWORLDRM\DATA\MusicHW2Campaign.big’
Failed to Load Archive ‘…\DATAUPDATES\UpdateMusicHW2Campaign.big’
Uing …profiles\ for profiles folder
GAME – Using player profile ReconJack85
Changing from a 32 bit colour depth in winNT (6.2 build 9200),
Display: (0, 0, 1360, 768) - (0, 0)
Switching to a 1360x768 32bit mode
GL Info: 3.3 - 3.3.0 NVIDIA 364.51
GL Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
GL Renderer: GeForce GTX 560 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
GL Part ID: 560
Loaded Archive: ‘EnglishSpeech.big’
Loaded Archive: ‘UpdateEnglishSpeech.big’
Loaded Archive: ‘Music.big’
Loaded Archive: ‘UpdateMusic.big’
SOUND – created destination [ fdaudio ], handle [ 4 ] with [ 48 ] channels created
SOUND – created destination [ fda streamer ], handle [ 5 ] with [ 8 ] channels created
SOUND – created destination [ dxa streamer ], handle [ 0 ] with [ 8 ] channels created
SOUND – created destination [ dxaudio ], handle [ 1 ] with [ 48 ] channels created
Build name:
Built by : builduser
Data path : K:\Steam\steamapps\common\Homeworld\HomeworldRM\data
No mapping for font ‘Blender’ - using ‘default’
Resetting fp PC control word.
CmdLine: -dlccampaign HW2Campaign.big -campaign Ascension -moviepath DataHW2Campaign
12 Races Discovered
Race Filtering: DEATHMATCH rules - @Deathmatch
Starting Level: DATA:\LevelData\Multiplayer\DeathMatchHW1\6p_talascrossroads.level
EngineTrailStatic::getTweaks requesing index(0) that doesn’t exist.
Trying to retrieve strike group index 9, no such strike group.
Killing player 2 () at time 0.000000
Killing player 3 () at time 0.000000
Restoring video mode

Sastrei is saying that because the path is wrong on your screenshot : …\HomeworldRM\ship\extractedshipsmod\hgn_carrier

I see nothing wrong in your log. Remember that you also need to add the -overrideBigFile command in your shorcut for your modifications to take effect

I changed the properties within Steam to add in that -overrideBigFile and now it freezes the game again while loading a skirmish. Error says General Error then the same in a bunch of different languages. I hit enter and it minimized the game, hit enter again to acknowledge the error and it shuts the game down.

This is what the log says now :

Fri Mar 25 19:52:11 2016
Version 1.30, Build Number 21, Changelist Number 1089620
Loaded Archive: ‘Homeworld2.big’
Loaded Archive: ‘UpdateHomeworld2.big’
Loaded Archive: ‘HW1Ships.big’
Loaded Archive: ‘UpdateHW1Ships.big’
Loaded Archive: ‘HW2Ships.big’
Loaded Archive: ‘UpdateHW2Ships.big’
Loaded Archive: ‘HWBackgrounds.big’
Loaded Archive: ‘UpdateHWBackgrounds.big’
UTIL – filepath failure, path doesn’t exists ‘K:\Steam\steamapps\common\Homeworld\HomeworldRM\data\locale\English’
Loaded Archive: ‘English.big’
Loaded Archive: ‘UpdateEnglish.big’
Loaded Archive: ‘Compatibility.big’
Failed to Load Archive ‘K:\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\HOMEWORLD\HOMEWORLDRM\DATA\HWArgon.big’
Loaded Archive: ‘K:\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\HOMEWORLD\HOMEWORLDRM\DATA\HW2Campaign.big’
Loaded DLC Campaign Archive: ‘K:\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\HOMEWORLD\HOMEWORLDRM\DATA\HW2Campaign.big’
Loaded Archive: ‘UpdateHW2Campaign.big’
Loaded Archive: ‘K:\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\HOMEWORLD\HOMEWORLDRM\DATA\EnglishHW2Campaign.big’
Loaded DLC Campaign Localized Data Archive: ‘K:\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\HOMEWORLD\HOMEWORLDRM\DATA\EnglishHW2Campaign.big’
Failed to Load Archive ‘…\DATAUPDATES\UpdateEnglishHW2Campaign.big’
Loaded Archive: ‘K:\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\HOMEWORLD\HOMEWORLDRM\DATA\EnglishSpeechHW2Campaign.big’
Loaded DLC Campaign Speech Archive: ‘K:\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\HOMEWORLD\HOMEWORLDRM\DATA\EnglishSpeechHW2Campaign.big’
Loaded Archive: ‘UpdateEnglishSpeechHW2Campaign.big’
Loaded Archive: ‘K:\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\HOMEWORLD\HOMEWORLDRM\DATA\MusicHW2Campaign.big’
Loaded DLC Campaign Music Archive: ‘K:\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\HOMEWORLD\HOMEWORLDRM\DATA\MusicHW2Campaign.big’
Failed to Load Archive ‘…\DATAUPDATES\UpdateMusicHW2Campaign.big’
Uing …profiles\ for profiles folder
GAME – Using player profile ReconJack85
Changing from a 32 bit colour depth in winNT (6.2 build 9200),
Switching to a 1360x768 32bit mode
GL Info: 3.3 - 3.3.0 NVIDIA 364.51
GL Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
GL Renderer: GeForce GTX 560 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
GL Part ID: 560
Loaded Archive: ‘EnglishSpeech.big’
Loaded Archive: ‘UpdateEnglishSpeech.big’
Loaded Archive: ‘Music.big’
Loaded Archive: ‘UpdateMusic.big’
SOUND – created destination [ fdaudio ], handle [ 4 ] with [ 48 ] channels created
SOUND – created destination [ fda streamer ], handle [ 5 ] with [ 8 ] channels created
SOUND – created destination [ dxa streamer ], handle [ 0 ] with [ 8 ] channels created
SOUND – created destination [ dxaudio ], handle [ 1 ] with [ 48 ] channels created
Build name:
Built by : builduser
Data path : K:\Steam\steamapps\common\Homeworld\HomeworldRM\data
No mapping for font ‘Blender’ - using ‘default’
Resetting fp PC control word.
CmdLine: -overrideBigFile -dlccampaign HW2Campaign.big -campaign Ascension -moviepath DataHW2Campaign
12 Races Discovered
Race Filtering: DEATHMATCH rules - @Deathmatch
Starting Level: DATA:\LevelData\Multiplayer\DeathMatchHW1\6p_talascrossroads.level
parameter: attempt to call global getGameRubric' (a nil value) stack traceback: 1: main of string "" at line 4 parameter: attempt to call globalgetGameRubric’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
1: main of string “” at line 4
RESEARCH ERROR: target of “MothershipHealthUpgrade1” is invalid (target is “Hgn_MotherShip”), setting to no upgrade target
parameter: attempt to call global getGameRubric' (a nil value) stack traceback: 1: main of string "" at line 4 RESEARCH ERROR: target of "MothershipHealthUpgrade2" is invalid (target is "Hgn_MotherShip"), setting to no upgrade target parameter: attempt to call globalgetGameRubric’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
RESEARCH ERROR: target of “MothershipMAXSPEEDUpgrade1” is invalid (target is “Hgn_MotherShip”), setting to no upgrade target
parameter: attempt to call global getGameRubric' (a nil value) stack traceback: 1: main of string "" at line 4 RESEARCH ERROR: target of "MothershipMAXSPEEDUpgrade2" is invalid (target is "Hgn_MotherShip"), setting to no upgrade target parameter: attempt to call globalgetGameRubric’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
RESEARCH ERROR: target of “MothershipBUILDSPEEDUpgrade1” is invalid (target is “Hgn_MotherShip”), setting to no upgrade target
parameter: attempt to call global getGameRubric' (a nil value) stack traceback: 1: main of string "" at line 4 parameter: attempt to call globalgetGameRubric’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
parameter: attempt to call global getGameRubric' (a nil value) stack traceback: 1: main of string "" at line 4 RESEARCH ERROR: target of "SensorsDowngrade1" is invalid (target is "Hgn_MotherShip"), setting to no upgrade target parameter: attempt to call globalgetGameRubric’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
RESEARCH ERROR: target of “SensorsDowngrade2” is invalid (target is “Hgn_MotherShip”), setting to no upgrade target
parameter: attempt to call global getGameRubric' (a nil value) stack traceback: 1: main of string "" at line 4 RESEARCH ERROR: target of "SensorsDowngrade3" is invalid (target is "Hgn_MotherShip"), setting to no upgrade target parameter: attempt to call globalgetGameRubric’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
RESEARCH ERROR: target of “SensorsBackToNormal1” is invalid (target is “Hgn_MotherShip”), setting to no upgrade target
parameter: attempt to call global getGameRubric' (a nil value) stack traceback: 1: main of string "" at line 4 RESEARCH ERROR: target of "SensorsBackToNormal2" is invalid (target is "Hgn_MotherShip"), setting to no upgrade target parameter: attempt to call globalgetGameRubric’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
RESEARCH ERROR: target of “SensorsBackToNormal3” is invalid (target is “Hgn_MotherShip”), setting to no upgrade target
stack traceback:
parameter: attempt to call global getGameRubric' (a nil value) stack traceback: 1: main of string "" at line 4 RESEARCH ERROR: target of "MothershipHealthUpgrade1" is invalid (target is "Hgn_MotherShip"), setting to no upgrade target parameter: attempt to call globalgetGameRubric’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
RESEARCH ERROR: target of “MothershipHealthUpgrade2” is invalid (target is “Hgn_MotherShip”), setting to no upgrade target
parameter: attempt to call global getGameRubric' (a nil value) stack traceback: 1: main of string "" at line 4 RESEARCH ERROR: target of "MothershipMAXSPEEDUpgrade1" is invalid (target is "Hgn_MotherShip"), setting to no upgrade target parameter: attempt to call globalgetGameRubric’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
RESEARCH ERROR: target of “MothershipMAXSPEEDUpgrade2” is invalid (target is “Hgn_MotherShip”), setting to no upgrade target
parameter: attempt to call global getGameRubric' (a nil value) stack traceback: 1: main of string "" at line 4 RESEARCH ERROR: target of "MothershipBUILDSPEEDUpgrade1" is invalid (target is "Hgn_MotherShip"), setting to no upgrade target parameter: attempt to call globalgetGameRubric’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
stack traceback:
RESEARCH ERROR: target of “SensorsDowngrade1” is invalid (target is “Hgn_MotherShip”), setting to no upgrade target
parameter: attempt to call global getGameRubric' (a nil value) stack traceback: 1: main of string "" at line 4 RESEARCH ERROR: target of "SensorsDowngrade2" is invalid (target is "Hgn_MotherShip"), setting to no upgrade target parameter: attempt to call globalgetGameRubric’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
RESEARCH ERROR: target of “SensorsDowngrade3” is invalid (target is “Hgn_MotherShip”), setting to no upgrade target
parameter: attempt to call global getGameRubric' (a nil value) stack traceback: 1: main of string "" at line 4 RESEARCH ERROR: target of "SensorsBackToNormal1" is invalid (target is "Hgn_MotherShip"), setting to no upgrade target parameter: attempt to call globalgetGameRubric’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
RESEARCH ERROR: target of “SensorsBackToNormal2” is invalid (target is “Hgn_MotherShip”), setting to no upgrade target
parameter: attempt to call global getGameRubric' (a nil value) stack traceback: 1: main of string "" at line 4 RESEARCH ERROR: target of "SensorsBackToNormal3" is invalid (target is "Hgn_MotherShip"), setting to no upgrade target parameter: attempt to call globalgetGameRubric’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
stack traceback:
RESEARCH ERROR: target of “MothershipHealthUpgrade1” is invalid (target is “Hgn_MotherShip”), setting to no upgrade target
parameter: attempt to call global getGameRubric' (a nil value) stack traceback: 1: main of string "" at line 4 RESEARCH ERROR: target of "MothershipHealthUpgrade2" is invalid (target is "Hgn_MotherShip"), setting to no upgrade target parameter: attempt to call globalgetGameRubric’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
RESEARCH ERROR: target of “MothershipMAXSPEEDUpgrade1” is invalid (target is “Hgn_MotherShip”), setting to no upgrade target
parameter: attempt to call global getGameRubric' (a nil value) stack traceback: 1: main of string "" at line 4 RESEARCH ERROR: target of "MothershipMAXSPEEDUpgrade2" is invalid (target is "Hgn_MotherShip"), setting to no upgrade target parameter: attempt to call globalgetGameRubric’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
RESEARCH ERROR: target of “MothershipBUILDSPEEDUpgrade1” is invalid (target is “Hgn_MotherShip”), setting to no upgrade target
stack traceback:
parameter: attempt to call global getGameRubric' (a nil value) stack traceback: 1: main of string "" at line 4 RESEARCH ERROR: target of "SensorsDowngrade1" is invalid (target is "Hgn_MotherShip"), setting to no upgrade target parameter: attempt to call globalgetGameRubric’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
RESEARCH ERROR: target of “SensorsDowngrade2” is invalid (target is “Hgn_MotherShip”), setting to no upgrade target
parameter: attempt to call global getGameRubric' (a nil value) stack traceback: 1: main of string "" at line 4 RESEARCH ERROR: target of "SensorsDowngrade3" is invalid (target is "Hgn_MotherShip"), setting to no upgrade target parameter: attempt to call globalgetGameRubric’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
RESEARCH ERROR: target of “SensorsBackToNormal1” is invalid (target is “Hgn_MotherShip”), setting to no upgrade target
parameter: attempt to call global getGameRubric' (a nil value) stack traceback: 1: main of string "" at line 4 RESEARCH ERROR: target of "SensorsBackToNormal2" is invalid (target is "Hgn_MotherShip"), setting to no upgrade target parameter: attempt to call globalgetGameRubric’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
RESEARCH ERROR: target of “SensorsBackToNormal3” is invalid (target is “Hgn_MotherShip”), setting to no upgrade target
stack traceback:
parameter: attempt to call global getGameRubric' (a nil value) stack traceback: 1: main of string "" at line 4 RESEARCH ERROR: target of "MothershipHealthUpgrade1" is invalid (target is "Hgn_MotherShip"), setting to no upgrade target parameter: attempt to call globalgetGameRubric’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
RESEARCH ERROR: target of “MothershipHealthUpgrade2” is invalid (target is “Hgn_MotherShip”), setting to no upgrade target
parameter: attempt to call global getGameRubric' (a nil value) stack traceback: 1: main of string "" at line 4 RESEARCH ERROR: target of "MothershipMAXSPEEDUpgrade1" is invalid (target is "Hgn_MotherShip"), setting to no upgrade target parameter: attempt to call globalgetGameRubric’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
RESEARCH ERROR: target of “MothershipMAXSPEEDUpgrade2” is invalid (target is “Hgn_MotherShip”), setting to no upgrade target
parameter: attempt to call global getGameRubric' (a nil value) stack traceback: 1: main of string "" at line 4 RESEARCH ERROR: target of "MothershipBUILDSPEEDUpgrade1" is invalid (target is "Hgn_MotherShip"), setting to no upgrade target parameter: attempt to call globalgetGameRubric’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
stack traceback:
RESEARCH ERROR: target of “SensorsDowngrade1” is invalid (target is “Hgn_MotherShip”), setting to no upgrade target
parameter: attempt to call global getGameRubric' (a nil value) stack traceback: 1: main of string "" at line 4 RESEARCH ERROR: target of "SensorsDowngrade2" is invalid (target is "Hgn_MotherShip"), setting to no upgrade target parameter: attempt to call globalgetGameRubric’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
RESEARCH ERROR: target of “SensorsDowngrade3” is invalid (target is “Hgn_MotherShip”), setting to no upgrade target
parameter: attempt to call global getGameRubric' (a nil value) stack traceback: 1: main of string "" at line 4 RESEARCH ERROR: target of "SensorsBackToNormal1" is invalid (target is "Hgn_MotherShip"), setting to no upgrade target parameter: attempt to call globalgetGameRubric’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
RESEARCH ERROR: target of “SensorsBackToNormal2” is invalid (target is “Hgn_MotherShip”), setting to no upgrade target
parameter: attempt to call global getGameRubric' (a nil value) stack traceback: 1: main of string "" at line 4 RESEARCH ERROR: target of "SensorsBackToNormal3" is invalid (target is "Hgn_MotherShip"), setting to no upgrade target parameter: attempt to call globalgetGameRubric’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
parameter: attempt to call global getGameRubric' (a nil value) stack traceback: 1: main of string "" at line 4 RESEARCH ERROR: target of "MothershipBUILDSPEEDUpgrade1" is invalid (target is "Vgr_MotherShip"), setting to no upgrade target EngineTrailStatic::getTweaks requesing index(0) that doesn't exist. EngineTrailStatic::getTweaks requesing index(1) that doesn't exist. EngineTrailStatic::getTweaks requesing index(2) that doesn't exist. parameter: attempt to call globalgetGameRubric’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
stack traceback:
stack traceback:
stack traceback:
parameter: attempt to call global getGameRubric' (a nil value) stack traceback: 1: main of string "" at line 4 Trying to retrieve strike group index 9, no such strike group. parameter: attempt to call globalgetGameRubric’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
Error: Universe::createSquadron: could not find ship type (Hgn_MotherShip) – FATAL EXIT – sobfactory/117:! --stack trace–
Restoring video mode
Display: (0, 0, 100, 100) - (8, 31)
Display: (0, 0, 100, 100) - (8, 31)

could you make a screenshot of your \data folder please ?
The getGameRubric error has already been seen before when using files from the non-updated big files (especially the Hgn_MotherShip ones, as the error seems to point to)

Snake: What do you mean by getGameRubric error? I’m not that savy about modding, but I’d love to gain more info especially if it helps explain why these standard tricks that make this work on the original version are not working on the remastered version.

Here’s a shot of my data folder :

some of the getGameRubric errors seen previously by other guys were because of the difference between the “basic” and the updated files, as seen in the following picture (updated one is the right one) :

What do you have currently in your ship folder ?

edit : the tricks have not changed at all between HW2 and HWRM, the overrideBigFile command was already needed at the time :wink:

My mothership file resembles the picture on the left of your post thus I believe it’s the updated on. The only thing I’ve changed is the Max health (the upper most one). It’s just odd how without anything in the command prompt, the game loads fine, the changes I’ve made just don’t load, but when I add in the -overrideBigFile, it hangs up right at the very last portion of the mission loading screen. It doesn’t do any of this with the original games.

Have you gotten this to work for remastered? It can’t be Steam can it? There’s no other way to play the game besides through Steam right?

Nope, the updated one is, as I said, the RIGHT one ! We’ve definitely found at least one of your problem(s) !

Edit :

As said before, your memory is tricking you, as the original HW2 always had the exact same behavior. Only HW1 didn’t need any special command

Yes there is. I never launch through Steam.

Edit:

By the way, that target path says:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Homeworld\HomeworldRM\Bin\Release\HomeworldRM.exe" -overridebigfile -luatrace

It hangs up and crashes at this point because there is no mothership-type ship loaded.

Let’s see a screenshot of your “ship” folder, please?

As I already told him several message before, the file he used for the mothership is the wrong one (not the one extrated from the updated big), and I’m sure it is what’s causing the crash (I’ve already help 2 people here with exactly the same problem)

Oh, I read that wrong… I thought he had said he had just extracted the carrier’s ship file, not all of them… My bad! :smirk:

That’s also what I though in the beginning, don’t worry ^^