[SOLVED!] General Error on FIRST Start Up

As the Topic says HW2R Crashes on start up and i just Reinstallt everything.
No Mods , no nothing.

Fri Jun 24 19:12:02 2016
Version 2.1, Build Number 31, Changelist Number 1237961
Loaded Archive: 'Homeworld2.big’
Loaded Archive: 'UpdateHomeworld2.big’
Loaded Archive: 'HW1Ships.big’
Loaded Archive: 'UpdateHW1Ships.big’
Loaded Archive: 'HW2Ships.big’
Loaded Archive: 'UpdateHW2Ships.big’
Loaded Archive: 'HWBackgrounds.big’
Loaded Archive: 'UpdateHWBackgrounds.big’
UTIL – filepath failure, path doesn’t exists 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Homeworld\HomeworldRM\data\locale\German’
Loaded Archive: 'German.big’
Loaded Archive: 'UpdateGerman.big’
Loaded Archive: 'Compatibility.big’
Loaded Archive: 'C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\HOMEWORLD\HOMEWORLDRM\DATA\HW1Campaign.big’
Loaded DLC Campaign Archive: 'C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\HOMEWORLD\HOMEWORLDRM\DATA\HW1Campaign.big’
Loaded Archive: 'UpdateHW1Campaign.big’
Loaded Archive: 'C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\HOMEWORLD\HOMEWORLDRM\DATA\GermanHW1Campaign.big’
Loaded DLC Campaign Localized Data Archive: 'C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\HOMEWORLD\HOMEWORLDRM\DATA\GermanHW1Campaign.big’
Loaded Archive: 'UpdateGermanHW1Campaign.big’
Loaded Archive: 'C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\HOMEWORLD\HOMEWORLDRM\DATA\EnglishSpeechHW1Campaign.big’
Loaded DLC Campaign Speech Archive: 'C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\HOMEWORLD\HOMEWORLDRM\DATA\EnglishSpeechHW1Campaign.big’
Failed to Load Archive '…\DATAUPDATES\UpdateEnglishSpeechHW1Campaign.big’
Loaded Archive: 'C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\HOMEWORLD\HOMEWORLDRM\DATA\MusicHW1Campaign.big’
Loaded DLC Campaign Music Archive: 'C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\HOMEWORLD\HOMEWORLDRM\DATA\MusicHW1Campaign.big’
Loaded Archive: ‘UpdateMusicHW1Campaign.big’
Uing …profiles\ for profiles folder
LUA ‘data:Scripts\Rules\DEATHMATCH.LUA’ – parameter: attempt to call global `HW2_Letterbox’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
1: main of string “” at line 320
Error parsing ‘DEATHMATCH.LUA’ – FATAL EXIT – gameruleslibrary/134:! --stack trace–

What option were you starting with? This looks like it’s a GoG build of the game too? Is the Galaxy client running?

I am Booting the Game from Steam
I all-ready Validated the gamefiles … nothing.

There is something strange here :

Those files should not be present anymore in your dataUpdates folder, I think.
@BitVenom, can you confirm ? Or am I crazy ?

Eh - our released builds stopped using Update bigs… entirely. So there shouldn’t be ANY.

Yeah, that’s what I thought too, just wanted to be sure.
Why does he still have those files there is beyond me oO

I dont know ???
Just downloaded the game

On my own install, the only file in the dataUpdates is DataMP.big.

You should try deleting all the other ones in this folder, and tell us if it works.

But still, it’s REALLY strange ! oO

ok it loads … (better then before)

Yes its started.
OK i am going back into Hyperspace and have some fun XD
Thanks

So - just to be clear, you JUST bought this? Or you had it from before this patch?

I owned this game before but reseted Windows and reinstalled Homeworld

play a little to test if all is ok, and report back please.

If it’s not too bothersome, try also to revalidate the files in Steam, to see if it’s trying to redownload those (the ones you deleted I mean).
If it does, there is definitely a problem somewhere !

Ah - okay that makes sense then. You had the update bigs from before, but you nuked Steam. So when Steam installed the game, it didn’t know you already had it, and that it was in need of a delta. Instead it thought ‘oh these are pre-existing files’ - and left them there.

ah, didn’t think of that. I first thought Steam would delete the unneeded files, and after that I remembered that my mods files are not deleted during an update, so yeah, silly Dwarf is silly.

@mplonski after you have extensively verified that all is ok now, would you be so kind to add a (resolved) to the title of the thread please ? It will help people looking for the same kind of problem :slight_smile:

OK every thing works now … i am going to change the title

1 Like