[SOLVED] Help with getting first ship into game?

Hello,

So I’ve been following Dom2’s guide “Getting a simple ship in game” and I have run into a snag. I was messaging Dom2 about this as I thought it would be a simple fix, but I’m stumped as to what to do to get past this… I was on step 4, and I was trying to create a HOD through the command line. The problem I am having is when I try to have HODOR run my script I am getting the error “PARSE SCRIPT”. You can see it in the pictures below. Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Appologies if this makes incorrect assumptions, but if your system is configured to hide the extensions of known file types(which is the default) your script file may actually be named myScript.hodor.txt

1 Like

first thing I would try is to use a shorter path, like “c:\hodor” for example, just to be sure it’s not a path length problem (for the script and convert_in/convert_out)

And yes, I could be totally wrong as I’ve never used the tool myself ^^

AH, that was it! Got the swarmer into the game woooooooo! Now to put my own models in its place :wink:
Thanks a lot!

So if I wanted to add in multiple ships at once, would I put them all in the same script?

personally, I use a setup where I have one script like the one you’re using to do single ships, modifying the name in the script file as nessicary, or if for some reason I need to rebuild a bunch of hods at once(it happens more than you’d think in my context!) I have one that’ll scan a directory structure and build all the hods in it, based on some stuff @bitvenom posted months back.

HODOR can actually read CSV files where each row is a single operation, and each column can be a variable - and you just hook each up to a symbol. Makes ‘batch’ ops using Excel pretty easy (not to mention crazy logic chains) - BUT, I almost never use it, and haven’t documented it. I’ll try to find time for that after this next Patch.

1 Like