[SOLVED] Repack scripts lua files to remake a BIG file?

Hi,

After extracting the files from a BIG file (with XUnpack or ModPacker), and after modifying or creating * .lua or other files, how do you repack these files to make them (so, repack) a BIG file again ?

These tools do not allow repacking the extracted then modified files, unless I missed something…

1 Like

Create a shortcut to HomeworldRM.exe, right-click and select Properties and add the -overrideBigFile tag to the end of the Target. Mine looks like this: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Homeworld\HomeworldRM\Bin\Release\HomeworldRM.exe” -luatrace -overridebigfile Edit: you don’t need to repack into a .big until you are ready to publish your mod. And the ModPackager / Steam WorkshopTool program does that for you.

OK thanks.

I’m assuming (suppose) I need to copy the LUA files (and other unmodified files ?) and the accompanying folder tree to the correct folders in the game \ HomeworldRM \ …etc. ?

Only modified files, but yes :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks. :slight_smile:

Create a shortcut to HomeworldRM.exe, right-click and select Properties and add the -overrideBigFile tag to the end of the Target. Mine looks like this: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Homeworld\HomeworldRM\Bin\Release\HomeworldRM.exe” -luatrace -overridebigfile

Hi, I’m trying to patch .level and .lua files in the campaign, running the 2.3 players patch. It doesn’t look like the game is seeing my changes with the -luatrace and -overridebigfile options set through the launcher. The modded files are in c:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Homeworld/HomeworldRM/DATAWORKSHOPMODS/76561198124129435/1190476337/leveldata/campaign/homeworldclassic/mission13

Two questions:

1. What am I doing wrong?
  2. What is the -luatrace doing? What do I put in the .lua to print something, and where will it go? (print debugging is a lifelong friend)

thanks
-dB

I think overrideBigFile is case sensitive.

1 Like

I think overrideBigFile is case sensitive.

Tried that, now using a shortcut to launch with target
“C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Homeworld\HomeworldRM\Bin\Release\HomeworldRM.exe” -overrideBigFile -luatrace -nomovies -moddatapath DATAWORKSHOPMODS/76561198124129435/1190476337 -dlccampaign HW1Campaign.big -campaign HomeworldClassic

Have changed the default.lua in both Data/ai and modpath '337/ai to print in aitrace, and added aitrace calls to my modded mission13.level and mission13.lua files in both places. Entering the mission, I don’t see my aitrace output in bin/release/hwrm.log