[Solved] Where to correct EngineTrailStatic?

I added a ship to my project and received this complaint:

EngineTrailStatic::getTweaks requesting index(0) that doesn’t exist

How might I resolve this issue?

This is for the non-remastered version incidentally…

1 Like

It’s the same problem for HW2C and HWRM, and lots of mods ignore it, so good on you for being thorough :wink:

There’s a line at the end of a ship file sometimes for the engine trail and the engine burn. If you have an engine trail in there and no joints in the HOD for it then the game will complain about it.

As the error message never tells you where to look for the problem line you can enable -traceHODs and fire up the game to see what the last ship (or couple of ships) loaded was before the game decided to write that to the log.

1 Like

Thank you!

Edit: Never mind, I had more than one ship file referencing the same model. :wink:

I have identified the ship responsible and have removed the lines:

setEngineTrail(NewShipType, 0, 1.4, “trail_ribbon.tga”, 0.1, 0.1, 0.025, 2)

and

setEngineBurn(NewShipType, 6, 3, 3, 4, 0.1, 0.1, 0.1, 15)

and

setEngineGlow(NewShipType, 1, 1, 1.02, 20, 300, 50, 1.5,{ 0.27, 0.47, 0.69, 0.25, })

(and even NewShipType.trailLinger = 0)

However the error still displays unless I remove the ship entirely from the build list. Is there another line I might be needing to remove?

That’s all I’ve ever had to do :thinking:

It solved the problem when I remembered to comment out the lines on the other ship code sharing the same model :wink:

Thank you again for your help!

1 Like

@payday idea - how about an option to link to a .ship file in daenerys to check for things like this?

3 Likes

in the future it will be possible)

1 Like