Some thoughts on laggy games

Had a few good games today but the last 3 games i was in had really bad lag. I can see the ping counter shooting up to 380-400 during the intro. My internet connection seems fine and I saw the other people had pings in the 80s or so so i’m guessing I just got unlucky.

I ended up having to quit out of the games because at 400+ ping I just teleport all over the place and the guns don’t shoot.

Few suggestions for when this happens:

• My MMR got hit a good bit from these. I don’t really care in the CTT but that would be pretty frustrating once this game goes live. I understand though that some people could try to abuse it but if I have a 300 ping going into a match it might be good to cancel the match or to not even start it.
  • It would be nice to have a history list of people you played against. I’m not sure if i’d always have that lag with certain people but it would be nice to have the ability to find who you were playing against to challenge them again if a match gets messed up.
  • I also would like to be able to chat during a match to explain what is going on and apologize. I hate to back out of matches. If there is an option to hide chat/squelch people then that would help people who want to avoid any kind of chat abuse.