Something to get off my chest

First things first, I’m not doing this for sympathy, I just didn’t have anywhere to put it. It doesn’t piss me off, make me sad or make me happy. It’s just something that’s happening and I have to deal with.

Not sure if anyone remembers, but I’m a heroin addict. Started on prescription painkillers, but my doctor cut me off because of the fact I was abusing them. So I started on Heroin instead. I got off it for a while, but recently I went back on it and haven’t been able to get off again.

Anyways, long story short is, my liver is failing and I’ll be dead soon. Not sure when exactly, could be a few months, maybe a few years. And I’m not gonna be able to get a new one, not with severe mental illnesses, history of suicide attempts and drug abuse. I just want to say that I love everyone here and thank you all for helping me through some tough times

3 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear this :’(

3 Likes

Jesus. Really sorry to hear that TOG. I hope things go against whatever the prog is and you get to spend more time dicking around these parts with us weirdos. If not, or if you need anything, let us know.

I don’t do hugs, but I’d lick you if I could.

4 Likes

Always here if you need an ear or someone. But you already knew that. I’ll give it a shot at least to lift you out of these bad times. Heroin though, not sugarcoatting it, usually don’t (because it’s a waste of fucking time), the drug will kill you before your liver goes. I’ve dealt with three heroin users personally in my life and one of them is dead. Stop using it. If you’re going to die, you’ll want to do it in your bed and not on the street.

10 Likes

Dude i can get you into methadone treatments. Say the word.

2 Likes

I think I’m supposed to say thank you…

I’m currently detoxing, so that’s good. Basically locked myself inside the house where I can’t get any drugs

Greatly appreciated, but I’m Canadian and I’m not sure if it would work.

Quick update, I told my best friend about the situation and he said he’s O- and, assuming everything is all good, he’d be willing to donate part of his liver to me

4 Likes

I guess that works. I’d rather you go somewhere but whatever works.

1 Like

I may go to the hospital, It’d be much easier to deal with all the detox ■■■■. Plus they could probably properly flush my system… yeah ■■■■ it, I’ll go after dinner

2 Likes

My sister is suffering from liver issues and needs a new liver in a few years. We not long ago went through the process of determining who would be an adequate match. Both me and my other sister are so it will likely come down to which of us is in better health condition when the time comes. Its great to hear you have someone willing to do that for you! All the best with the detox, I hope you feel better for it afterwards :heart:

3 Likes

The best thing you can do after detoxing is to move away from where you lived while you were addicted. There was a study on this a while back after the Vietnam War regarding heroin-addicted soldiers, who had a 93% (if I remember correctly) recovery rate after returning home. However, in some other cases a few years later, they noticed that former addicts returning to the site of the addiction had an extremely high chance to relapse. If you have a friend or relative a good distance away who you think might be able to help, now’s the time to start calling in favours. It’ll likely take several weeks for you to recover, and I’d heavily suggest looking for another place to live, and getting your stuff moved out of your old place. If you have a pet, spend as much time around them as you can. Get as much help as possible, talk to your friends about it - don’t keep them in the dark. Seriously.

I don’t know you, I’m fairly certain I’ve never spoken to you on here - but I wish you the best of luck.

2 Likes

Only problem is his line of work. He’s in the Army, so I don’t want to ■■■■ that up for him, it’s something he’s wanted to do for a long time now

Moving isn’t really an option for me right now unfortunately

2 Likes

I am pretty speechless now.

3 Likes

Definitely get the ■■■■ to the hospital. They’ll point you to a rehab center. Idk if rehab is considered part of healthcare in canada, but get it done.

As you know, I’m from Louisiana. What you probably don’t know, is my dad lives in a little town in ohio and i spent jr high and most of high school there. Its right outside dayton and the heroin epidemic is ■■■■■■■ MASSIVE. I have lost too many ■■■■■■■ friends to that ■■■■. Do I have to go kick your ass? I will. I will break my most sacred vow, the one to never enter Canada, to knock sense in you. Sure I’m just some guy on the internet. But i still don’t want this ■■■■ to take youe life.

4 Likes

Sorry about that mate. I’m sure I’ll be fine though. And frankly, and I realize this’ll upset some people, I’m okay with dying

I got everything else and don’t worry, I’ll get help. But what the ■■■■ did we do? I thought Americans loved us

2 Likes

Nothing. That’s the problem :smiley:
Nah I’m actually cajun, and generations back my many greats grandpa was acadian before being exiled with thousands of others.

3 Likes

I feel like you should aim for a second opportunity. Not fall into resignation, I mean, fight for what you really want. Don’t let your past act as a lead life vest.

You have people who loves you, don’t be an ■■■■■■■ with them. You deserve a second chance. Move your ■■■■■■■ ass get that ■■■■■■■ transplant surgery. ■■■■, one of your friends is offering a part of his liver, that’s one of the biggest proofs of how people loves you. Do YOURSELF a favor, start treatment YESTERDAY and I swear you, life will give you another chance.

Man, I mean… a friend of my family had late stage AIDS and Kaposi’s sarcoma. Never lost his will to live until he peacefully passed away. I feel you still want to live but you don’t want to accept it.

2 Likes

No, not particularly. I’m borderline, wanting to be dead is kind of our thing. Only real reason I’m gonna do it is because I don’t wanna ■■■■ up other people’s lives any more than I already have. Trust me, living as me is ■■■■■■■ horrible and if I could die without it ■■■■■■■ people up, I gladly would

1 Like

Buddy, trust me, i get it. I really do. The world weary apathy. It just pulls at you. You just keep pulling back. It sucks ass.

3 Likes

Yeah buddy, Dying is easy, Living is harder. We all get it, the world is a tough place, it keeps beating and beating and never stops, you’re going to feel low of course, everyone does. You just gotta get up, look it directly in the eyes and say ■■■■ YOU, I’M NOT GOING DOWN WITHOUT A FIGHT. I’m not trying to force you to do anything, I’m just reinforcing you should try to fight back at life, give it another shot before calling in the towel

1 Like

FB_IMG_1503722462018

3 Likes