SourceForge is down

It surprised me greatly to find out this evening that sourceforge essentially fell over on the 16th of July. I’ve not done anything with the mod in far too long evidently to have only found this now!

SourceForge File Upload service – offline, filesystem checks complete, cryptographic summing projected to complete 7/24. Prep of data for service resumption in-progress. ETA to follow once I/O performance calculated during mount reconstruction.

SourceForge Allura Subversion (SVN) service – offline, filesystem checks complete, data restoration has completed 22 letters (4 remain). This is our current restore priority. We project restore of data to complete by 7/25, to be followed by data validation and restore of service. ETA to follow once I/O performance calculated during data validation.

Source:

I noticed over the past week that the site was up and down repeatedly. I just moved one of my non-HW projects to SF recently too.

Google Code is closing in August. Maybe SF is getting flooded with people migrating from Google Code.

Or maybe it’s a retaliatory attack because SF started distributing installers with spyware.

Or their servers could just be down. :wink:

thats why you always direct download from them. skip the installer.