Split-screen crashed system, OS reinstall required

[PS4 Slim] I just signed up here to share my experience with this game. I know there are other threads about split-screen issues but I couldn’t find any with my exact issue.

I bought this game specifically so that my wife and I could play it together in split-screen like we played the previous titles. Needless to say I’ve been extremely disappointed in the experience so far.

Back in late November it seemed like the freezing and frame rate issues had improved. The game wasn’t perfect by any means but it was playable. We tried playing it again yesterday and I couldn’t believe how bad it was. Any time either of us went into the menu the game would freeze for 30+ seconds. The catch-a-ride used to be instant, now it either freezes the game or it takes a minute+ to deploy a vehicle. The frame rate is so bad now it makes me nauseous.

The inventory is still a nightmare, maybe 10% of the time it shows the correct icon for the weapon, shield etc.

To top it off, we were playing the game when suddenly both of our controllers stopped working and the sound cut out. Then the PS4 crashed, and not the simple crash where it shows the error screen, it crashed the whole system. I had to reinstall the PS4 OS in safe mode. That was a fun hour trying to troubleshoot everything, worrying about having to reformat the hard drive. Now I’m scared to even run the game again.

I’m not going to pretend that I know everything that is involved in making a video game. I know that it requires hundreds if not thousands of people to create something this large. What I do know is that there is no way in hell they didn’t know these issues existed when this game launched.

It’s now nearly 4 months after the game released and split-screen runs worse than it did at launch. Rather than getting a patch that fixes these issues we have new DLC. I’m ashamed at how this is being handled and ashamed of myself for pre-ordering this mess of a game.

2 Likes