Split-screen layout needs attention!

I REALLY loved playing the beta. It was wonderful. Honestly I have never felt so good about a game in my life. It was amazing truly. The ONLY real issue that will inevitably kill this games experience for me, is the Split screen layout. It was generally disorienting. The offset characters caused serious eye strain for myself, and engine else who wanted to co-open with me. The minimap location and grey/blacked out area they sat in was VERY distracting. It took up nearly a third of the screen and was generally unnecessary. Gearbox has been known for amazing playability through Split screen co-op with the Borderlands titles. I hope very much that this issue recieves serious attention.

Aside from that, the beta was one of the best gameplay experiences I have ever had, both private, or public. Versus or story.

Hope this post gets seen, and the attention it deserves, because I know for a fact I am not the only one to have voiced this concern. People have been cancelling pre-orders over it. It is a frequent topic among many forums.
Thank you.

2 Likes

No you aren’t the only one who feels this way. There are multiple threads on this topic. However if they don’t fix it upon release we need to keep bothering them about it. :stuck_out_tongue:

I just really hope that it doesn’t come to that. This should absolutely be a priority. There are not many other issues being voiced so far.

The amount of usable space that is taken by a mini map, that is MUCH smaller when playing alone, definitely needs a look at. A 60" TV was losing out on a good portion of screen.

1 Like

For real man, it wasn’t even that the real estate was horrendous. It was the fact that the characters ended up being offset, it gave everyone I played it with motion sickness and eye strain. What is the point of showing a weapon in a first person game if it is hidden behind your HUD? It was really disappointing.