Split screen mini map is stupid

I have a reasonable sized TV (52inch) and have been super amped to play splitscreen with my partner but it is impossible to read anything or see any enimies not within slapping range with that ridiculous waste of space mini map / bar on the left. I hope they make an option to remove this in future as really ruining it for me

Is what gearbox have said.

It might not seem like much comfort now… But I assure you, you will get used to it…
It was my pet peeve with the beta, but the more I played it, the more I got to know the characters, than the less the writing, the mini map to the side, and what not became annoying/frustrating…
It’s just another learning curve with this game, getting used to split screen…
Also, even though it’s bad for your eyes, move closer to your tv if possible…
We tried sitting on the floor with pillows, now we have just moved our couch closer to the tv, it helps, haha.

Yeah I have read a lot of posts about the same thing. I dont think I could get closer to the TV without hurting my eyes too much. I am more used to it after playing a while now but with my less played characters I can’t read the writing it is just to small and smooshed in the middle. I am hoping they add an option to atleast choose from a few different layouts for the HUD. Fun game anyway but my poor eyes suffer a lot lol.