Split Screen still horrible

So there adding ■■■■ to the game but not fixing all the bugs in split screen im about sick of games doing this anyone else ? i cant play this game until the ■■■■■■ split screen is fixed on xbox 1 x i play with my wife we played brdlands 2 for years together but its almost unplayable it bothers me too bad to even play it.

6 Likes

You’re definitely not alone… My wife and I are in the same boat. Still haven’t seen any communication regarding this, even a “we’re aware of the issue and looking into a solution”.

Just feels like couch Co op is being forced out by the gaming industry to sell more copies and consoles. Really sad to see BL3 following suit in the matter.

5 Likes

I really hope there not doing that me and my wife have been waiting for this game to come out for years its so good but so many glitches and problems i cant stand to play it right now.

3 Likes

Same here, I can’t believe this is an issue either. The fact it wasn’t caught was awful, now there is still no fix over 30 days later and no communication beyond they are working on it. I feel absolutely scammed out of my money for a low quality product by a company I had good faith in.

6 Likes

exactly how we feel

3 Likes

I agree. There is still not vertical split screen, the menu is still breaking the game if opened in coop and super slow and on top of that good luck if you are playing on a 4k TV. The fonts are so small that they are not readable anymore (no proper scaling).

6 Likes

I agree, this is beyond lame.

3 Likes

Nothing calling out split screen directly… But apparently it’ll be November before we see significant change unless an upcoming hotfix tests some of it in advance. Original thread: Borderlands 3 - Patch and Hotfix 10/24 Notes + A Roadmap!

2 Likes

You can find plenty more unhappy people in that thread too, myself included, if you want to see more about what people have been complaining and talking about since release. Over 700 posts and counting…

2 Likes

My wife and I have gotten over the orientation of the splitscreen… In fact at this point it might take more adjustment to play the old way again than anything.

I just want the lag gone. That’s my gripe - we spent double the time on our co op playthrough to complete all story+side missions as I did on my solo Fl4k all because the lag kept us throwing each other to the wolves. Having to synchronize our menu usage isn’t the way we envisioned having to enjoy the game.

2 Likes

I could deal with the horizontal for a while if they fixed the lag as well and the tiny text. I can’t even complete missions because I can’t read the quest check boxes unless I get off the couch. I can’t read the skill trees unless I’m within a few feet of the tv. Its crazy the text is this small on a game that revolves around reading gun stats.

2 Likes

Good point. Even when we do sync our menu usage out of combat, it’s incredible how awful that experience is still.

I think I’d still prefer vertical split screen if everything else were fixed, though of course a significant part of that is the ability to read numbers…

It’s quite true there’s much more to ridicule this mess of a release than just the state of split screen. I still enjoy and continue to play the game, almost entirely solo now of course, but the release of Borderlands 3 has been nothing short of an absolute farce and a shame.

2 Likes

I did try solo over the weekend for a bit and even though it was better it still seems small for what it should be, the tutorial boxes that popup still seem like they should be scaled up, quest text can be read but it feel like it should be a bit larger and the menu text for things like skill trees still seemed smaller then necessary.
Things still felt tiny even in solo, I am sure its better on a computer when the player sits a foot or so from the screen but couch play seems off. Still not sure why they changed it so much from BL2, the text and UI is roughly half the size from what it was in previous games.

1 Like

The text size is definitely harder for my wife, she’s had over seven eye surgeries to retain what vision she has… I usually just end up directing/reading things to her. More accessibility options would never be a bad thing though.

2 Likes

Even with good eye sight we do the same thing. One of us is standing in front of the television reading the quest and skill trees to the one on the couch. Try to get back on the couch until the next thing pops up to read but they are usually so frequent that one of us was just standing by the tv for the full game play. Not a small tv by any means either…

My girlfriend got me into this series just 2 years ago and we both love it, especially that it still has couch coop. However, every other borderlands aside from tales has the option for vertical or horizontal. Why not in borderlands 3!?!? It’s very disappointing that gearbox won’t come out and say, straight up, if we will ever get vertical split screen. Not enough of these threads are asking for it in my opinion and too many people are fixated on the nerfs/buffs and ignoring core coop issues that the fans want

The split screen lag is another issue all together that needs to be addressed.

1 Like

They have. In one of the streams, I’m pretty sure they said that they are trying to create vertical, but it messes with the UI, so they are trying to come up with a fix for it.

1 Like

Update: OK Gearbox, so we’re one month or so on from launch and you’ve just launched the Bloody Harvest Hallowe’en event. Sounds great, but, and this is a BIG but, I still want to play the game in vertical split screen with my partner. Like I did for the previous 3 Borderlands games! NOT single player, and NOT horizontal split screen ( as it crops the already unreadable menus - thanks again for that smaller unadjustable font size!)

As much as I like reading about gun and character nerfs every week it would be nice to know that this is not the only thing you are doing.

Please, please address this vertical split screen/ text size issue as as my copy of the game is currently collecting dust on the shelf and I know from the forums that I’m not the only one that’s asked for this.

Even just an acknowledgement that this is being addressed and will be coming soon in a patch would be a great piece of news as currently, like others, I feel like I’ve wasted my money.

4 Likes