Split screen text size

Nice comparison of BL2 text and UI compared to BL3. They roughly cut it in half I’m not sure why they made it so small. We can’t read it from the couch and has absolutely ruined the game for us. Played for a few hours at launch after our preorder and haven’t picked it up since. Still waiting for a fix.

1 Like

New patch says they updated some UI in Split Screen- Anyone want to report in on these when they get a chance?

1 Like

As of 10/23 there was a 6.8Gb update, and nothing seems to have improved at all. After double checking the latest post on the patch, it looks like those specific updates will not be live until today. So I’m guessing the update last night was the Halloween event code, not necessarily the patch.

1 Like

Just installed the update (10/24/19 1PM EST) and I can say that is WAY better than it was before! I can read my gun stats, the HUD with missions is now readable! THANK YOU!

2 Likes

Thanks guys, from most people I am hearing its not much better but Ill have to test it myself.

OMG. Please make the font on couch co-op BIGGER. The font is SO microscopic on couch co-op it makes playing the game damn near impossible! We’re playing on a 75 inch screen. Fonts are not readable unless were 12 inches or closer to the screen. We love this franchise, but terribly disappointed with the game. Please fix!!

4 Likes

Has anyone tried messing with their TV settings, I know some TVs have a Zoom function or a Theater setting that slightly changes the ratio of the screen or how the picture is displayed.

Since it sounds like other people are ok with the text has anyone tried messing with these TV settings to see if they help at all?

Just trying anything at this point that might make a difference as I would really like to play the game enjoyably.

The TV zoom feature may cut your screen edges out.
Luckily, the lag caused by entering the menu in splitscreen gives your eyes time to rest.

3 Likes

Yes, the first night I tried TV settings. Also xbox1 settings (like simply dropping the resolution). Everything I did just made it worse.

To read menus one of us gets off the couch and walks to the TV, even then it’s hardly legible. We should just return it because it seems like they’re phasing out splitscreen altogether (with horizontal split only and illegible text, WE GOT THE MESSAGE, you’re done with us co-op types)

1 Like

Thanks yeah I messed around with my TV more last night and wasn’t able to get it any better either. even the zoom on the TV doesn’t work because the Safe Area in the game doesn’t shrink that far to make it not cut UI off. I’ve got a feeling we won’t be seeing any improvements til next year with how GBX patching is going. Even when they do implement it, who knows what other bugs will come with it.

Just wanted to bump this again - hoping it will be addressed before the first DLC.

2 Likes

Same, couch co op is a must in my house for my wife and I as well. BL2 was the gold standard on how a couch co op game should be done. Please Gearbox build on what you did right and add to it (like what you did with sliding and vaulting) rather than rebuilding it and scrapping the building blocks of the game.

2 Likes

Bumping this back up.

3 Likes

I too have this problem, the text is way to small for comfortable reading, we never had problems with bl1, bl2 or bltps, but this is just unplayable… this could be such an easy fix for you guys, why won’t you make peoples lifes easier…

2 Likes

Here is hoping that some form of local coop issues are addressed in todays patch

Only hotfix today. Crossing my fingers we get an actual patch next week (seems to be about time for one).

1 Like

It’s been months. I haven’t played through the game because I was going to split screen coop it with my wife like BL2 (first shooter she has ever played and enjoyed) and it’s too broken with the tiny text. We have to move the furniture. Always hoping for a patch or a roadmap telling us when or if it might be worked on.

2 Likes

According to Noel, it is being worked on. However they refuse to give us a timeline. I don’t think it is high up on their priorities with all the content they keep rolling out.

2 Likes

That’s not what she said. She said, that the dev’s are aware of the request & they are still looking into it. That’s been the same response from her & tech support since day 1. Four months later, I am not holding my breath.

1 Like

Last response I saw was that it was being worked on…

Not that it means much if it isn’t up on their priority list.