Splitscreen design

Hi, Battletoads. I’m really confused about design of spplitscreen, when i bought game, i thought that it would be like in borderlands, but wtf? Yo’ve maked at least 25% of players screen like just purple column. And why i cant change verticl split? It’s relly confusing, and ma girlfriend…and a lot of people.

They’re working on it. It’s not as easy as you’d think.

2 Likes

oh, a lot of thanks for this information. Looks like russian style of work- “make something, then fix it” :grin:

Well, they really can’t move a games release date because of split screen UI issues, especially when it doesn’t affect all the platforms the game was released on :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: The UI is also borked on widescreen resolutions (21:9) and the texts are reportedly hard to read anyway, split screen or not. They can’t fix these problems incrementally as changing the UI in one situation will affect it in every situation. (As in, fixing split screen UI issues might break the UI for everything else. At least this is what Jythri hinted at, I think.)

Yeah they actually said in both the BL games, they also had issues with split screen. I didn’t know that, but I’m not surprised. I’m be so stoked when it’s fixed.

There’s a discussion on this topic here:

Please continue in that thread.

1 Like