Starting a new character

I agree with you 100%!! My Amara is level 60 right now so I’m waiting for the cap increase next week to take her through DLC 1 and get all weapons and class mods at max level. I can then share those with Zane when he’s maxed out (currently level 5). The main reason I wanted to take Zane through DLC 1 now is for fresh new content. I’m panning on returning to finish the campaign after I complete the DLCs.

Definitely buying all 4 DLCs because I really enjoy Borderlands 3! I was asking about starting at a higher level because after running a level 60 Amara (which is amazing!), the thought of starting at level 1 wasn’t particularly appealing but my Zane is at level 5 and it’s fine. It’s definitely different from end game but there is more xcitement at opening every chest and discovering every gear rather than farming bosses for max legendaries. It’s a different kind of fun. Once the level cap increases next week, I’ll be doing the DLCs for max gear but will be plugging along with Zane enjoying the ride.

2 Likes

Actually, I’d recommend skipping TVHM. With the current Mayhem system, it’s not really needed.

Just focus the story missions initially. Once you complete the story, set Mayhem to your favorite level and run through the side missions you skipped, the slaughter arenas, trials, and any dlc you don’t mind going through below max level. The bonus xp from mayhem will have you at max level in no time.

2 Likes

That’s an excellent point! Finishing the story so I can turn on Mayhem will definitely be a faster way to level up. I maxed out with Amara before finishing the story because I did all the side missions and did grind a lot of bosses. Your suggestion definitely saves a lot of time. Thanks for the tip!

1 Like

@joecoolmd. Purely to get highest level rewards. You said you enjoy the challenge, and personally I still found challenge on my second characters, second playthrough at m10.

1 Like

You’re 100% correct! After some thinking, I’ve decided to run Zane through the campaign before the DLC. As soon as the level cap happens, I will level up my Amara and get max level gear from the DLCs. I can take the slow approach with Zane because I’ll only have to grind once with Amara since they can share gear. With Zane, I will focus on enjoying the ride rather than rushing to the final destination.

Plus the slow approach let’s you experience the different skill sets. You will know what ‘skills’ to avoid by the time you get to endgame. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I didnt know the Lending would show your true money! Nice tip. Learned something new today.

You are so right! I’ve been seeing that during this playthrough. There’s a little more excitement and anticipation every time I open a chest now, hoping to get a better weapon. Much different from grinding for legendaries.

2 Likes

You’re a breath of fresh air! Someone’s just enjoying playing through with a bit of a plan and loving the play! Much respect. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Also, I’m not sure if the bank rolled predatory lending has been buffed, but if it has… ITS A SATISFYING GUN TO USE!! (IMO). lol

1 Like

That’s something I will consider using when I have acquired all the new SDUs and have enough money left over to burn!

Thanks! It’s all about having fun! If not, why play at all?

1 Like

Yes. Lol. I have some 1700 hours with a GR of 677. Love it!

1700 hours!! WOW!! You really do love it!!

Best method I found is to power level a second character on a second account. Use split screen must have two controllers. Went from 1 to 60 within a few hours. Then I gave my second character level 60 weapons. Beat the game with second character should not take more than 12 hours.

There was so much excitement at getting my first legendary! A level 11 Messy Breakup! I rode that for quite a few levels. Then I went after the Skeksil (one of my favorite pistols) at level 23, along with a Star Helix and a Hyperfocus. Now I’m at level 31 with a few more legendaries.

It’s been fun replaying the game and focusing on the story (there were a few things I missed or didn’t quite understand the first time) as well as getting to know and play as Zane. Slowly progressing.

With the level cap increase tomorrow, I’ll be going back to Amara to increase to 65, refarm all my favorite weapons, and finally start DLC 1 (I’ve been looking forward to that for weeks!)! Then I’ll go back to Zane and complete the campaign, and level him up to 65 as well and run through the DLC.

2 Likes

Glad you are enjoying a fresh run thorough. If you find a Krakatoa anytime soon you will laugh your pants off at its power sub level 60!

1 Like

Its Op at higher mayhem but just… It made me smile every time I used it from level 27 to around 40!

1 Like

I haven’t come across one yet but I am on the lookout! Thanks.