Stop breaking the UI

Hai.

I’m mainly a lurker here ‘used to be active in the BL 1 days tho with a diff username’ and a BL 3 player since day 1.

Generally I don’t complain often but this is just getting on my nerves and I’m honestly annoyed with it.

Ever since the relase of the game I always had random issues with the user interface in the game, be it the inventory or the map menu/fast travel, whatever.

I’m using a 21:9 Ultrawide ‘2560x1080’ monitor and an update sometime around the second DLC completely broke everything.
Like I couldn’t see the Guardian perks properly nor the Mayhem modifier panel and also had issues selecting the right fast travel points on the map.
For example I had no idea for a while that I can reset the Mayhem mods with Q cause it was cut off the screen.

Then one update fixed it and it was all good for a while but now after Season Pass 2 the inventory is bugged again and when I press ESC/TAB it just does nothing and I have to like spam it to get out of my inventory.

Needless to say with the new gamemode I have to open my inventory often to check my gear and whatnot and being stuck in my inventory panel is quite annoying.

I don’t have too many complaints about the game but these UI issues are getting to me…

2 Likes

Agree. I’ve noticed UI issues since day 1, some consistent and some random. This latest hotfix feels like it improved menu performance, but I still struggle to swap out weapons or mark them junk/favorite. This just worked in Borderlands 1 and 2.

1 Like

A lot of games do not play nice with ultra wide monitors. I have a 34" 2560x1080 that is just sitting in a closet because it’s too much trouble to fix your games around it.
I use a 2k monitor now and it’s awesome. Gonna upgrade to a 4k and use my 2k as my secondary here pretty soon, whenever 3080s restock along with 4k monitors.

Yea I know that some games don’t like it, most of the time I can make it work with config file editing or HEX editor/flawless widescreen software also works with some older games.

I picked a UltraWide monitor when I upgraded my monitor last year cause I think they look great and singleplayer games are even more immersive on this.
I also don’t play comepetitive games so I don’t care about that issue.

But thats beside the point here, the thing is that BL 3 did work perfectly fine at certain times between updates/DLCs.

Its just that they keep breaking something with the UI almost every damn time theres an update, like don’t fix something that aint broken style.

@unius13

Yep I remember the weapon mark/swap issue, that was also annoying and thanks to that I once sold one of my good guns accidently cause I marked it trash w/o even noticing.

Yeh. Also, they changed “drop weapon” from holding X to just pressing Q