Story missions should be free, and FGU should provide boosts for the party

Which is why I am actually suggesting to make it entirely free to play.

Aside from giving incentive to change the title from trial to actual Free 2 play, it would provide a lot of awesome ■■■■■■■ for players who join freely. It would get them hooked via that awesome ■■■■■■■ and follow up with potential costumers who spend money on the game.

I personally believe that as it stands right now that not many players will have the incentive to actually play the PVE ■■■■■■■. Sure they might have -some- incentive to buy the FGU for the 25 characters but but aside from that - I don’t see them queing any time for PVE. They might try to after they’ve bought FGU but might find themselves looking for a que for ages because all the free2play players have been directed to the Multiplayer section of the game.

Additionally I believe players would have a bigger incentive to buy FGU if they are provided with that boost, along with all the characters to the story with.

I really am not sure how I can shorten it whilst still trying to convey my message. I’ve tried doing a few things but they all seem to miss the core aspect of the thread. Might you have any suggestions? I am stumped.

“Story Missions should be free”

1 Like

2 Likes

Wouldn’t that be a bit too controversial? People might disregard the post entirely? But it doesn’t sound bad.

You use the body of your OP to explain your point
@Ganjamira is right about the length of your title

Changed it up. Still too long?

1 Like

Perfect :ok_hand:

1 Like

This game doesn’t struggle with the PvE, PvE can be played solo or with 1 friend anyway.

There is a reason they made multiplayer a free game mode, because you need whole 10 people for 1 single match and to have low queue times, you need lots of people online at the same time, at the same region.

+No one would buy taunts or even skins if they would only play a PvE, what’s there to taunt? Usually most (all) free onlime multiplayer games have only a multiplayer option, why Battleborn should be different and give players a good PvE? Just buy a game and play, like you buy other 5 hour long titles that cost even more and provide less ■■■■■■■. (Like UBZU for example or Firewatch)

2 Likes

While I don’t agree with unlocking all the ■■■■■■■, they should provide the first or possibly first two story ops as playable. Let them sell themselves. Or at the very least, for this weekend, with the influx of new players, make the first two free.
Once again it comes down to windows of opportunity for success.

Perhaps I did. I apologise, however, I needed to make a point. The devs have stated that the game will not be going free to play. The addition of XP boosts for players in the full game upgrade is next to nothing for the price. The addition of story mode into the Trial would essentially make it free to play, as there would be very little extra ■■■■■■■ available to players who paid for it - and little to no incentive for people already on the free trial to upgrade to the full game.

Edit: As a side note - the DLC they have released (the Operations) are actually purchasable with currency that can be earned in-game. You could get almost the equivalent of the Season Pass without spending a red ■■■■.

2 Likes

The more you give people something for free, the more they start to want something for free even more. And imagine how those new people would yell in the forums when they get to play a few missions for a weekend or several days and then they would not be able to do so. We would see many threads about - "Unlock all teh missions, we want all your content for free, or else we will leave, because … reasons!)

2 Likes

@THaNaToS_J2 beat me to the argument that I was going to make

While I agree with the decision to lock out the story and characters
I think it would have been a good idea to launch the trial with The Algorithm
A trial should reflect a piece of all this wonderful game has to offer and I don’t know if I’d want to buy something without getting a chance to try it first
the first story mission is far and away the best and most fleshed out
And its got ma baby boy in it :blue_heart: and everyone needs a piece of his beautiful nihilistic brilliance

2 Likes

If that was the case companies wouldn’t offer free weekends. Every time they do they get a jump in sales and retain players. No one bitches or least few enough to be brushed off as the entitled few you’re probably talking about.

1 Like

I do agree that either the Prologue or Algorithim, or both, should be a permanent part of the Trial version, if only so that people trying it actually at least know that the game even has a story mode.

1 Like

While I do agree the Prologue and maybe The Algorithm should be included in the free trial, having everything unlocked is counter-productive to what 2k/GBX are trying to do here: they created the free trial so people could, well, try out the game and see if they like it enough to pay for more ■■■■■■■. I think the majority of the people who are currently playing the free trial are only there for the PVP side, so adding in the PVE ■■■■■■■ makes no financial sense.

2 Likes

My point reiterated.
Give them a taste
Leave them wanting more

4 Likes

Haha, are we talking about a free trial or dealing drugs here?!

4 Likes

The 2 are often similar

2 Likes

While I feel that the trial mode is fine as is, if they WERE to add in the Prologue + Alg, maybe only use the segment of the Algorithm that we got in the CTT. It starts just like normal, but ends after the Arachnis fight. That way, f2p’ers would have access to SOME gear, but if they want to farm like the rest of us did, they can pitch in like the rest of us did.

As for an exp boost just for upgrading your game version, nah. Like they said in the stream, they’ve got to pay for the servers somehow, and while giving free loot and boosts is awesome and I love it, it really doesn’t help the good folks at gbox. Free stuff is nice, but too much free stuff hurts the people who gotta make a living.

1 Like