Story missions should be free, and FGU should provide boosts for the party

If that was the case companies wouldn’t offer free weekends. Every time they do they get a jump in sales and retain players. No one bitches or least few enough to be brushed off as the entitled few you’re probably talking about.

1 Like

I do agree that either the Prologue or Algorithim, or both, should be a permanent part of the Trial version, if only so that people trying it actually at least know that the game even has a story mode.

1 Like

While I do agree the Prologue and maybe The Algorithm should be included in the free trial, having everything unlocked is counter-productive to what 2k/GBX are trying to do here: they created the free trial so people could, well, try out the game and see if they like it enough to pay for more ■■■■■■■. I think the majority of the people who are currently playing the free trial are only there for the PVP side, so adding in the PVE ■■■■■■■ makes no financial sense.

2 Likes

My point reiterated.
Give them a taste
Leave them wanting more

4 Likes

Haha, are we talking about a free trial or dealing drugs here?!

4 Likes

The 2 are often similar

2 Likes

While I feel that the trial mode is fine as is, if they WERE to add in the Prologue + Alg, maybe only use the segment of the Algorithm that we got in the CTT. It starts just like normal, but ends after the Arachnis fight. That way, f2p’ers would have access to SOME gear, but if they want to farm like the rest of us did, they can pitch in like the rest of us did.

As for an exp boost just for upgrading your game version, nah. Like they said in the stream, they’ve got to pay for the servers somehow, and while giving free loot and boosts is awesome and I love it, it really doesn’t help the good folks at gbox. Free stuff is nice, but too much free stuff hurts the people who gotta make a living.

1 Like