Stuck in claptrap screen and i already use dx11

it was stuck for seven hours during my sleep.
When I got up, claptrap was still running around.
My system is Win 10.
Task manager said the program wasn’t responding.
What can i do?
By the way, I played Borderlands 3 on Steam

i have GTX1660S.
Borderlands 3 was still working well in June

Have you tried to launch steam in offline mode and see if the game will load then?

Otherwise have you tried right clicking on the game in your steam app and going to properties>local files> verify integrity of local files and letting that run?

I did what you said, but it didn’t work.still no response.
I’ve already reinstalled Borderlands 3 twice

Try trashing the config file and the game’s app data cache to start in a clean state. If that doesn’t work, you might want to try manually editing the config file to switch between DX11 and DX12 (whichever is not the one currently set).

1 Like

I tried to manually editing the config file to switch between DX11 and DX12,whether it’s DX12 or DX11,It doesn’t work.
but I haven’t tried trashing the config file and the game’s app data cache to start in a clean state.
how to do that?

The data cache should be here (obviously substitute the appropriate drive letter and user):

DRIVE\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Borderlands 3

Note that the claptrap sequence is when the game does all the shader optimizations and stores that info in the local cache - any file corruption there seems to cause issues on the next start-up.

I’d make a backup copy of your existing config file some place safe before deleting it - I don’t think you have to trash the entire config folder?

1 Like

Ok, I tried it and it didn’t work…

It might be worth checking that the game folders (including the local app data one) have correct read-write permissions and haven’t been locked out by an antivirus program. Otherwise, not sure what to suggest beside filing a support ticket (see the pinned thread at the top of this section for a link).

1 Like

Ok.Anyway, thank you.

I logged in with my friend’s Steam account yesterday,
and it worked,I entered the game successfully.
so I switched back to my Steam account and entered the game, but my save was gone, so I wanted to start again.
but when I opened the game again today, it was stuck on the ClapTrap screen again.

Does anyone know how to fix it?

This problem has been solved for a long time but I forgot to add the reply

I went to 2k support and sent an email asking for help. They were really responsible and helped me solve the problem. I really appreciate them.

email them if you have a problem and they can fix everything

Would you mind posting the solution? That would be really helpful.

好的,我卸载了一个导致文件冲突的作弊器,然后所有事情都解决了,文件冲突是2k支持分析了我的电脑的DXDiag和MSinfo文件得出的结论

Ah. Well, then. Can’t blame the game for that.