Stuck On Downloading Content

Thus far, the most common failure to launch for me is when either myself as the host, or when someone else is hosting, the game is first launched, the loading bar appears and says “downloading content” but the progress bar never moves. If I click the screen after a few minutes or whatever or ctrl-alt-del to bring up task manager, the game is not responding and never starts responding.

1 Like

same issue as a host I get stuck on downloading content and the others are finished loading and I crash.

1 Like

Same problem, could join and played a full 3v3 game no problem. Now I tried hosting four times, everytime HW:R brings up the “Downloading Content” bar that never moves and then crashes whenever the mouse is clicked. I have no NAT, added all HW:R files to trusted in Firewall and even tried running Steam as admin. No effect.

The mothership will stand by until this issue is resolved.

1 Like

My friends and I have had this same problem - seems to mostly affect the host of the game.

We all have varying spec PC’s, some very high spec. We all have high speed 100mbit internet.

Any news on when this may be resolved?

1 Like

Everyone online is having this problem!!! Typically one or more players gets stuck “Downloading Content” when loading a multiplayer game. That player’s game freezes while the other players will see “Waiting for other players”. Once the player quits, the other players load into the game creating many 1v2 and 2v3 situations…

1 Like

Can confirm as well. Could it be that maps need further downloading on first launch? I believe i tried to host the same map twice and only had the downloading issue on the first try. Anyway, out of 4 games I tried to host, 2 did not work because of downloading content. The other two times it loaded fine.

1 Like

Downloading content means that you crashed. Waiting for other players means that someone else crashed, when that player leaves it should start, been able to play in games where host has crashed but never as a host if someone else has crashed.
One bug I have been having hosting is that when I start the game I can see everyone getting thrown out of lobby in a second. Probably issue on my end or in connection between players, but it seems somewhat random, usually doesn’t happen.
Only game where everyone got in was a 2v2.

1 Like

This is a common issue. and if you get in the game it will lag very bad if you had to wait a long time.

The only ones that are playable most of the time is 1v1.

1 Like

Would really appreciate some developer feedback on the issues with multiplayer.

I have reported the “downloading content” bug to the devs. It’s not just the host that gets it either, but can be anyone.

1 Like

Admittedly I only tried once. But I had the same problem. As host I tried to select a custom 2v2 map. The game got stuck at “Downloading Content” and after a few minutes the game stopped responding.

Do I need to take special steps to forward my ports or something? I know this was necessary with HW2 back in the day.

[edit]

Okay, I tried joining three different games and they all crashed right away or got stuck in lag hell. 0/4 games worked.

1 Like

I am having the same issue. Only 1/5 games are actually starting, the rest hang on the loading screen at “downloading content”.

1 Like

I have this issue regularly. I have it most severely when I AM HOSTING. and less severely when someone else is.

THIS is the number one issue with the HW:R MP Beta right now. Once addressed we can work on other in-game bugs and balance issues. But as it is I can’t even run tests!

1 Like

Everyone gets this problem when u play 3-4+ people. ridiculous :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

indeed, this is happening in every 4 or more players game, also the “waiting for other players to load” thing

1 Like

Loading is hell right now. 2v2 games load for all players in 1/5 games.

1 Like

Has Gearbox even acknowledged the various issues with their beta? I have not seen a single response to any of the various issues.

yeah, not even one, “we are working on that…”

1 Like

And because of all of these issues this is the state of mutiplayer right now. US Chicago Steam region, afterwork on a Friday evening:

1 Like

someone said to me that if you use custom badges it forces everyone to download content if your host.