Subsystem Custom Offset and Orientation (Question)

Does anyone know if there is a way to make subsystems spawn in a particular distance or orientation with respect to the hard point it is spawned on?

You could move the node of the mesh in the subsystem DAE (or just the mesh itself), but this will offset all subsystems that use that mesh, not sure if that’s enough for you.

Eh… how so?

I’m hoping this doesn’t involve editing the HOD file, cause I don’t know how to do that or even make one.

What exactly are you trying to do? Does the ship patching system not suit your purpose?

I have a few ideas. First one was to make a spherical HOD of sorts and use that as a subsystem and set it to invisible to mimic a shield of sorts. The second was to reuse the base ship’s HOD and set it so invisible as well. Problem with that is I don’t know much stress it would put on the engine.

I’d also like to flip over those Kushan destroyer ion turrets eventually for other ships.

My goal, I suppose, is to make something with a health bar and different armor type to function as an external shield.

1 Like

See here for ship patching, that will take care of your ion turrets: The *real* HODs and ship patching questions thread

It should also work for the other two proposals (at least in terms of getting the subsystems attached to the ship in question), though you will have to make a new custom subsystem hod first.

Mm, I’m not quite sure where to start.

if you want to have a specific module appear at a slightly different position than the existing hardpoint, use the ship patching system that was introduced in version 2.2 of HWR. it’s a great way to add stuff to a hod if you don’t have the time or talent to do ship models (i don’t).

1 Like

And if you want the default positions/orientations, hit me up. I have a huge folder/file full of them…