I really love Ambra (just finished getting her to level 15), and I think overall she’s in a “good place” right now, with one or two exceptions:
Ambra’s “ultimate” really needs some love: it’s just too damn hard to use, be it in PVE Story Missions, or in PVP Matches:
- In PVP Matches, people have all the time in the world to get out of the way before it explodes.
- In PVE Story Missions, all the enemies either move out of it’s area before it explodes, or they’re long dead by the time it does lol.
I can think of quite a few “non-OP” ways to balance this right off the top of my head:
- Alter one of her tier 10 helixes so that it does something like:
- Reduces the fuse time by X Seconds, but also reduces the damage by X%.
- Reduces the fuse time by X Seconds, but also reduces the stun duration by X Seconds (or removes the stun entirely).
- Reduces the fuse time by X Seconds, but also reduces Smoldering Remains’ effect duration by X Seconds (or removes the after effect AoE entirely).
- Reduces the fuse time by X Seconds, but also reduces the radius of its explosion by X%.
- Change one of her helixes so that it causes an “ability usage mutation”, similar to Oscar Mike’s “Airstrike to Orbital Laser”, or like Ambra’s own “Solar Wind to Staff Slams”. I have a suggestion for what it could change to.
How about something like:
Replaces Ambra’s “Meteor” with “Supernova”, which summons a much larger sun to the target location for X Seconds. The “Supernova” releases solar flares, which deal X Damage every X Seconds for X Seconds.
You could add an explosion effect to the end of that duration (or not), but maybe something like “The Supernova explodes after X Seconds, healing all allies within its radius by X Amount”.
The only other thing I’d like to bring up is that her Sunspots’ health is just PATHETIC. Even the TINIEST Thrall or any other “minorest of the minor enemies” murder them in like, 2-3 hits, and even the helix mutation that add “+50% health” to them is just laughably not enough…
In contrast, Kleese’ Energy Rifts get A LOT more health AND A SHIELD, so I think it would be a non-OP rebalance to either:
Give them a base health increased of AT LEAST 100%.
Give them a VERY SMALL health regeneration (maybe only when Ambra is near them?).
Give them a minor lifesteal effect for the damage they do.
Also, I know Ambra’s final Helix Mutation lets you heal and strengthen her Sunspots, but I find this completely WORTHLESS for three major reasons:
People do not stand still long enough to benefit from the Sunspots’ healing usually, in either PVE or PVP
It’s on the same helix level as the one that let’s her, you know, DIRECTLY heal, and (especially due to the above point) I NEVER do not take that one…
The amount she heals them is pretty pathetic - due to their LAUGHABLY low health, she cannot even keep a single one of these “alive” while channeling healing into them with more than one or two minor enemies attacking them…
Ambra is probably my favorite character at the moment, and the above are just a few of my thoughts on how to make her a bit more fun! :]