I consider myself a regular player of another MOBA called Smite, and this suggestion is mostly inspired from that game.
Match of the Day, where every new day, the map changes and includes various game-changing conditions and effects. One day, you might be playing on Overgrowth and the only hero you and the enemy team can pick is Oscar Mike, and the next day might be Temples and everyone gets 80% skill cooldown reduction. I think this game could really benefit from a game mode that is completely random and offers things people sometimes ask for on the forums which they’re not getting in the existing game modes.
Some suggested ideas for MotD:
- Unique heroes is turned off (ex. Players can select the same hero multiple times)
- Only one random hero can be played (ex. All Rath or all ISIC)
- ‘Dynamic Duo’, only 2 random heroes can be played (ex. Only Ambra and Boldur)
- Hero is randomly selected for the player
- Only heroes from one faction can be played (ex. Only Rogues)
- Faction vs Faction (ex. Jennerit vs UPR)
- All ability cooldowns are reduced by 60%
- Players can only use their ultimate, and their cooldown is reduced by 80%
- Items in loadouts are 100%-500% more effective
- No minions spawn, but can purchase multiple elite bots at 50% reduced price
- All items are free to activate
- All buildables are free to activate
- All minions are free to purchase
- All items, buildables and minions are free to activate
- Hyper minions, staggeringly more health and damage
- Hyper sentry, mounted turrets 1shot players and has a massive amount more health and shields
MotD is designed to be a wacky and fun mode, where all bets are off and players go in looking for a fun time rather than something more competitive.