Suggestion to Alleviate Queue

A simple suggestion: When people start to filter in to the team, show their names and allow teamchat. Allowing people to shoot the ■■■■ would encourage people to stay in the queue and allow a bit of community building. Also: Quit separating the queues into 1-19/20+. It’s not helping people to get into the game to play against bots for 20 freaking levels. Thank you for reading my post.

2 Likes

Don’t really agree with that. I wish more people would train a little more against Bots before they jump into PvP. Not tactics, I’m thinking about stuff like gameplay mechanics and learning the maps and characters. Short: the basics. I wrote a long wall of text on that topic.

It helped me tremendously to not panic that often when a match is quite brutal.

Edit: It would be nice if people were allowed into real Bots Battle earlier on PC or were allowed to join private games. The waits seem to be really bad there and some trial players are just stuck on level 2.

4 Likes

I agree, but across all platforms. Why separate veterans and new players in this already “noob-friendly” queue? Wouldn’t it be interesting for F2P rookies to see some strategies/tricks performed by vets and, in some cases, chat with them while on their team?
And as a veteran, I like to be teamed with new players since it makes the match longer and more challenging.

2 Likes

Could work the opposite too.
Last night I got called every filthy name by a Boldur because I was Alani and he kept dying.

Yes I wanted to text that I’m an excellent Boldur and don’t need no stinking Alani.

1 Like

Not to threadjack, but what system was this? I had something very similar happen a couple of days ago.

1 Like

Steam, Bots, everyone except me was newish.

1 Like

Ah, okay. I was on Xbone, playing Alani, had a Boldur bugging me, thought it might’ve been the same one.

1 Like

I admit my bias as someone who simply does not engage in playing against AI. A huge part of my personal frustration comes from the total inability to get a VS game in the newbie queue. The game has a ton of depth that only exists in the VS game.

I think a big part of introducing new players is up to the veterans as well. I played on the PS4 through the entire beta and well into release but quit for awhile. If you don’t queue up with a full 5 then I’d suggest that you consider your 1-4 person squad as diplomats for the game. If you get a newbie, treasure that newbie.

Yeah, I think it’s probably best if the Novice Queue was removed. I understand why it was put in (to stop people complaining about getting PUB Stomped all the time), but now it has gone too far in the opposite direction. Sure, make them do the training missions first, but when they go to PvP for the first time, have a Pop Up or something that reads “It’s a good idea to run some Bot matches till you get the hang of things”.

It was how I did it in Awesomenauts (outside of the honestly better made Tutorial)

1 Like