Well I’m just going to get the small, petty things out of the way first:
- Make Explosive a universal element, not just restricted to Torgue, Launchers and Grenades. Instead, I would suggest that Torgue weapons have the best AoE, just think of it, Shock explosions. Shocksplosions if you would.
- Pearlescents need to be buffed, they should be these OP feeling weapons for when you reach the end-end game, they really felt gimmicky in BL2.
- Increased weapon type per manufacturer, I very much miss my Torgue Sniper Rifles… and I like the idea of a Vladof SMG, Sub-MiniGuns sound like fun.
- Textures for all weapons, This is pretty much one of the most pettiest of my niggles, but the Rocket Launchers only had the blue quality skin and that just didn’t feel right. That and the Storm needed something along the lines of the Commerce’s Texture.
- Certain Manufacturers need buff so that they wouldn’t be underpowered in higher difficulties, I felt Tediore and Bandit really struggled in UVHM compared to other maunfacturers.
- Play as characters from previous games, why should Claptrap be restricted to BL:TPS? Although it would do the plot a major disservice, so this one may be a stretch to pull off.
Now the big one: In BL2 I didn’t feel that the weapons felt unique or interesting enough. With exception the looks, every weapon had little variance on the gameplay other than stats and small gimmicks, this was a point TotalBiscuit made in his BL:TPS review which I thought was actually a really good point.
Now I don’t want to say that: “GEARBOX NEEDS TO MAKE EVERY GUN DO DIFFERENT THINGS”, because that would be a nightmare for the devs, but I do feel that there needs to be more measures put in place to ensure that weapons feel interesting and unique somehow, maybe have it so that a manufacturer imbues the gun with the manufacturer specific effect (Dahl with burst fire, Torgue with AoE rounds, Maliwan with continuous damage bonus and so forth), the body would imbue one mechanism, and the barrel another, while the grip, stock and accessory imbue other stat changes, and why not also an ammo type?
For example: you could have a Maliwan Manufactured pistol (which give a continuous damage bonus) with a Tediore Body (which would have a chance to not consume ammo) and a Vladof Barrel (which makes it fire faster the longer the trigger is held), overall resulting with an ammo efficient pocket flamethrower which only becomes more powerful the more it is fired, and with that exploding rounds ammo type it has, it’s sure to wreak havoc on those poor unshielded bandits that decided that yes, your nipples would in fact make great salads.