Suggestions for S&A

These little changes can make S&A pretty much perfect in my opinion.

• Fleet-Footed should grant Shayne a % of Damage reduction to aide in her running away and increasing Fleet-footed’s usefulness and overall battle impact.
  • Stealth Strike should activate Fleet-footed.
  • Stealth Strike should have a more stealthy sound associated to it. The machinery sounds and bell-ringing when Aurox Drops makes me think I’m not being sneaky at all.

LEVEL 1

AURA OF ANNOYANCE
While Shayne is cloaked by Stealth Strike, she projects an area of effect that damages nearby enemies.

WELCOME COMMITTEE
Shayne gains an overshield after successfully hitting an enemy with fetch.

As of right now Welcome Committee is too important to choose Aura of Annoyance. I would change Aura of Annoyance to radiate an area of effect that slows or silences BUT it would require Stealth Strike’s duration to be cut down from 5 seconds to like 3. Then it would be a really tough choice to choose between more CC or more Tankyness

LEVEL 2

WAIT FOR THE DROP
Enemies damaged by Aurox at the end of Stealth Strike are slowed for a brief time. +3 Seconds Slow Duration

SURPRISE PARTY
Shayne and Aurox’s first attack after the conclusion of Stealth Strike deals additional damage. +33% Damage

Increased Surprise Party damage to 33% for a slightly better burst. Assuming my suggestion of a change to Aura of Annoyance, “Wait for the Drop” could keep its slow if AoA silences, or WftD could Silence if AoA is changed to a slow.

LEVEL 3

BOOMERANG BOUNCE
Shayne’s Boomerang bounces to nearby enemies on a successful hit.

HULK OUT WITH YOUR DJINN OUT
Increases the rate of shield recharge and improves shield recharge delay. +105 Shield Recharge per Second, -0.5 Sec Shield Recharge Delay.

THE POWER OF TWO (Unlock Rank 12)
Shayne and Aurox’s melee attacks deal additional damage while their shield is active. +22% Damage

Considering the fact that S&A’s Melee was cut by 12%, I feel “The Power of Two”, should probably be upped to 22%-25%

“Hulk Out with your SJINN OUT” should probably also slightly improve shield recharge delay, it shouldn’t be that much of a difference considering “Immortal Aegis” is a thing.

LEVEL 4

WHAT’S YOURS IS MINE
Fetch steals some of the target’s shield on impact. +100% Shield Steal

HOLDING IT DOWN
Instead of pulling targets, Fetch now stuns enemies on impact. +2 Seconds Stun Duration

WE’LL TAKE EVERYTHING (Unlock Rank 5)
When Fetch is activated, Aurox phases through enemies, damaging and pulling every enemy he encounters along the way.

“What’s Yours is Mine” Needs to be reworked. It’s an inferior choice to the Stun in PvP and inferior to the Mutation in PvE. I don’t know how it should be reworked, but maybe Fetch can also do extra damage on Enemy shields (+15% on shielded enemies).

LEVEL 5

THE IMMORTAL AEGIS
At the conclusion of any skill, Shayne and Aurox’s shield immediately begins to recharge.

DON’T STOP RUNNING
Increases Fleet-footed’s active duration. +1.5 Seconds Duration

If Fleet-footed also provides damage reduction, then “Don’t Stop Running” could be a decent helix choice. As of now “The Imoortal Aegis” is just too useful in keeping you alive.

LEVEL 6

SNEAKY ‘N RESILENT
Shayne takes reduced damage while cloaked by Stealth Strike. +50% Damage Reduction

SHIELD SMASHER
Fetch damage penetrates enemy shields. +100% Shield Penetration

Damage Reduction from Sneaky 'N Resilient increased from 20% to 50%. It will make Stealth Strike and this upgrade very useful for fleeing a battle that is getting too dangerous.

Shield penetration of Shield Smasher increased from 60% to 100%.
Since the damage of Fetch has been demolished, full shield penentration on this skill wouldn’t really do much of a difference. It can also help Shayne’s role as a stealth assassin by letting her get kills of fleeing targets with very low health, also will make a good Ambra Counter.

LEVEL 7

ALONE TIME
Shayne’s health regenerates while her shield is broken. +21 Health Regeneration per Second

BIGGER, BADDER DJINN
Increases maximum shield strength. +240 Maximum Shield Strength

BOOM GOES THE BOOMERANG (Unlock Rank 9)
Increases the damage of Shayne’s Boomerang. +18% Damage

This helix level is good as is.

LEVEL 8

SUSTAINED STEALTH
Increases Stealth Strike duration. +6 Seconds Duration

DJINN TO THE FACE
Increases damage dealt by Stealth Strike’s final impact. +25% Damage

LONG ARM OF THE LAWLESS (Unlock Rank 7)
Increases the radius of the explosion of Stealth Strike. +50% Area of Effect Radius

Increased DJINN TO THE FACE from 15% to 25% to improve burst. Stealth Strike already has mediocre damage.
“Sustained Stealth” would need to be lowered to 2-3 seconds should any of the other earlier upgrades be changed. “Long arm of the Lawless” also becomes pretty viable if AoA becomes a slow or Silence.
LEVEL 9

QUITE FETCHING
Reduces Fetch’s cooldown time. -20% Cooldown Time

SIC ‘EM, AUROX
Increases Fetch damage, +33% Damage

GOT ‘EM (Unlock Rank 3)
Increases Aurox’s speed during Fetch. +35% Aurox Speed

Increased to 33% damage putting Fetch back to the same power that it was pre-nerf. It’s still not all that useful compared to a more secure stun or more stuns.

LEVEL 10

AUROX HUNGERS
While Tag Team is active, Aurox steals shield energy from nearby enemies, returning it to Shayne. +30% Shield Steal

SIC ‘EM, AUROX
When Tag Team is activated, Aurox draws in nearby enemies, slowing them at close range. +3 Seconds Slow Duration

Aurox Hungers seems a bit “meh”. Luckily the other option is pretty good. I would prefer Tag Team get a bigger AoE with the “Aurox Hungers” as well as steal shields. Sic 'em Aurox upgrade already technically has a bigger AoE since it pulls things into it.

(used mentalmar’s helix descriptions)

Shayne certainly doesn’t need any buffs with the right gear, and the fleet buff is already as useful as the shield regen one. Shield regen stops the moment you take any further damage, which is often immediately. Nearly doubling your speed boost you can activate on command is just as useful if not moreso for running away and great for getting back to fights faster. I also think it does trigger on stealth strike use, but obviously cant confirm atm.

The power of 2 is kinda lackluster in that tier but not in its total damage boost. She was taken down a notch for good reason. If anything I’d love to see it moved to another so I could actually run it, bc ricochet boomerangs is a solid 50% damage buff to them and is nearly downright essential, at least for my playstyle.

Most of the problem with s&a is that some helix options don’t measure up to the others, making a decision-based feature of the game non-existent. For most helix options there are clearly better options. That just leaves “buffing” the “not-so-good” options to a level where they aren’t THAT good, but are just as alluring as the other choices.

Fetch is usually a skill used for its overshielding, fleet-footed procc’ing, or stun (post-nerf), yet there are a few options on the helix that still reference Fetch’s damage (shield steal, multi-fetch, fetch-shield pen) which was all good and all, until the damage was cut almost in half (well 33%, I rounded up!).

S&A’s abilities are very utility-driven, not damage driven at all. All of S&A’s damage are in her primary and secondary attacks, not her skills. Luckily there are Melee and Boomerang buffs to represent that, but wayyyyyy too much “ability” damage buffs that could probably have used more CC upgrades than damage.

I’m not good with numbers, so the changes I suggested using numbers aren’t really worth looking at their numbers, just the overall concept.
Stealth to initiate battle/annoy with soft CCs (slows and silences) or exit battle with defensive buffs (Fleet-footed and damage reduction).
Fetch for Hard CCs (Stuns and Pulls) and/or the occasional assasination/snipes (with Shield Pen + Damage).
Melee and Boomerangs for damage.

Also question on the ricochet 'rangs. It doesn’t hit the same target twice if they’re the only once around, right?And they only bounce to just 1 other target, right? I couldn’t really notice when I used 'em. I’m pretty sure is 1 other target and doesn’t double-dip…but I just want confirmation.

The only choice thats a complete wash is teir 6, where both the options are just throwaways. The shield pen is better if you’re dealing with an ambra, but outside of that they dont really have a noticible effect.

Skills you dont seem to like I do, like the aoe buff to stealth strike for a much larger slow area of effect and the fleet buff, some skills are just bad design like first strike damage on shayne and oscar and could double damage and still be meh, and other like AoA would need such a huge damage buff to make them worthwhile that it might break the character.

The one area that probably does need a buff on second throught though is her ult. It has its uses, but doing almost half of what a simple flame nade does is rather dissapointing.

Ricochet boomerangs do indeed not double dip, and just hit a nearbly target for 50% damage which is most all of the time. Its a strike that can crit (mostly on the small minions), can hit more than 1 enemy if they’re close together and enable you to shoot around corners on occasion for runners. Its great for xp gain by tagging all the minions and picking up assists. Its just a really solid skill. With practice you can even bank them around corners into a stationary object and then get homing hits on anyone that might be loitering in the hall or whatever as well.

I dunno, I always took Aura of Annoyance and didn’t like the stun on Fetch at all. Granted, I didn’t play them much, but seeing them have a stealth and a hook made me think of S&A as a flanking character who just stealths up to a priority target like a Miko or Marquis and tries to shred them, pulling them back in if they try to run.

… maybe I played too much Cald.

Ah okay, that’s exactly how I thought those boomerangs and upgrades worked. I thought you were saying something else was going on.

Also yeah, Tag Team does seem to not do that much damage for an Ultimate? Seems off.