Super Smash Bros. (Series) General Discussion

Given that a request was made in the original thread on the old GBX forums I’ve decided to remake this thread however I have made a -small- change, this is for the SSB series in general and not only for a certain one.

I’ll guess I’ll start the discussion with character mains which everyone should know from the other thread, but for those who are new, mine is Captain Falcon.
Ever since I first heard/saw the punch I knew he was the one for me :slight_smile:

GnW, Lucina, Duck Hunt Duo and ya boy Pacman.

Is GnW Game and Watch? If so why does the shorthand have an “n”?
Hate playing as/against Duck Hunt btw, too many projectile attacks for my taste but I can see how he might be appealing.
As for PacMan, he just seems a bit too slow in execution for me but i haven’t played much as him so what do I know right?

Edity: Lucina is ok in my book, just wish the standard A attack was faster (plain A, no tilts or smashes)

Swag :^)
I hate vs DHD too, that’s why I play him :^)
I love Pacmans side B so damn much!
I like Lucina more than Marth cause 1, Waifu 2, Marth netplay not a fan.
I I I I I I I I Sound like the birds from Finding Nemo I I I I I I

I nearly allways main Ness because idk… jojo power?

Still havent played the new one because greedy abd dont want to buy a Wii U.

Zero suit Samus
Sheik

Also for thoose of you who haven’t seen it I highly recommend watching this smash brothers documentary that follows some of the best players from ssb melee:

My mains are Link, Young Link, Toon Link, Wolf, Solid Snake (Project M’s moveset only), Greninja, and Wii Fit Trainer. I’ve gotta say though, I’m really loving Wii Fit Trainer, and when she/he was announced, I was thinking that was going to be the worst character in Smash Bros.

[quote=“itsTwister, post:5, topic:45124, full:true”]
I nearly allways main Ness because idk… jojo power?

Still havent played the new one because greedy abd dont want to buy a Wii U.
[/quote]The 3DS version is essentially the same, the key differences is that it supports up to 4 players at a time instead of 16(?) and you can customize the characters.
As for Ness, glad that Lucas isn’t around anymore (too much of a clone IMO) but it’s ultimately irrelevant since I don’t play much/at all with him since his UP+B is too different to everyone else’s for me to consistently recover with. Shame since PK Cross is very powerful and definitely a good edge guarding tool I think.

Wasn’t WFT’s range nerfed/reduced in the latest patch? Do have to agree with the original reaction though you mentioned and IMO (s)he kinda is due to the reduced range but that said (s)he definitely isn’t all that bad since IIRC most of the moves have good damage and knockback making KOs easy enough to rack up if you can adjust to the reduced range.

I would buy the 3ds version but for me the fun in Smash is about getting a few friends and sit in a soffar playing Smash agianst eachouter.
I dont think I would enjoy it as mutch by just sitting with my 3ds.

True, although playing together on each of your own 3DSs does feel nice/good playing on one screen/system somehow feel better.

Its also easier to convince on person in our group of friends to buy a Wii U then to convince all of them to buy 3ds. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“P_Anarchist, post:8, topic:45124”]
Wasn’t WFT’s range nerfed/reduced in the latest patch? Do have to agree with the original reaction though you mentioned and IMO (s)he kinda is due to the reduced range but that said (s)he definitely isn’t all that bad since IIRC most of the moves have good damage and knockback making KOs easy enough to rack up if you can adjust to the reduced range.
[/quote] No clue. I’ve been playing the game on my family’s WiiU, so it probably doesn’t have the patch. Either way, I can manipulate the moveset really well, and the fact that all of the smashes and normal A button attacks hit both front and back, Wii Fit Trainer is great against groups. I mostly play careful until only one person is left, though, which means that Project M’s Snake moveset is a little better for me. All of the smash ball stealing with C4 pisses my friends and family off. It’s great.

rip Chillin 2015

What?

[quote=“Omega59, post:12, topic:45124”]
No clue. I’ve been playing the game on my family’s WiiU, so it probably doesn’t have the patch. Either way, I can manipulate the moveset really well, and the fact that all of the smashes and normal A button attacks hit both front and back, Wii Fit Trainer is great against groups. I mostly play careful until only one person is left, though, which means that Project M’s Snake moveset is a little better for me. All of the smash ball stealing with C4 pisses my friends and family off. It’s great.
[/quote]Strictly speaking, you don’t have the patch then since it was only for 3DS and only to make it conform to the Wii-U version. I guess they thought we the users would like our characters to function the same on both versions.

[quote=“itsTwister, post:11, topic:45124, full:true”]
Its also easier to convince one person in our group of friends to buy a Wii U than to convince all of them to buy 3ds.
[/quote]But what better way to support Nintendo than to have each of you buy a 3DS and cart?

I wish I had/knew enough people locally that were interested in SM4SH Wii-U to justify someone buying it and a Wii-U :cry:

rip Chillin 2015

My 3DS has been broken for a long, long time, so I’ve only played Smash Bros on WiiU. I didn’t know that Wii Fit Trainer was different between the versions of the game.

They aren’t though, the 3DS got a patch to make it like the Wii-U’s version but it was something like a week before the Wii-U’s was released. Sorry for confusion.

[quote=“CaballoGallo, post:15, topic:45124”]
rip Chillin 2015
[/quote]Still don’t understand (Google search brings up nothing of interest)

Oh, that makes more sense. Thanks for clearing that up.

Leffen gonna kill.
Chillin gonna rip.

1 Like

Is it some Twitter drama between two SM4SH players?
I wager $2000 out of $2500.
(Yes, this is Jeopardy)