Superior to Overwatch

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off-topic clashes

You’re now one of my favorite presences in the forum. Just wiped a laughter tear out of my eye. --------------> :wink:

I think that the matchmaking comparison off of time is unfair, as I’ve had about equal experiences in est which is probably the most populated time zone. Ofc, that’s ignoring how one game has matchmaking, the other one has matchhopping

I rly want a healer like Anna or haker like sombra in battleborn, we have so many ■■■■ to hack!!

I assume the latter half is sarcasm.

Kinda?

If you come across:

• posts that violate our Forum Rules

• posts that go off-topic

• topics which violate any of our Forum Rules

• topics that derail or grow off-topic or seem unproductive/inappropriate in some way

just flag the regarding post/topic and we mods take care of the rest.
You can also PM the moderation-staff in such cases, before posting about such matters openly and take things off-topic.

In this case the topic was not closed yet, because only a few single posts violated the rules and the derailments were milder than in other similar topics.

Regarding the amount of thread-derailments, I can only highly recommend to use the Overwatch-topic for OW-centered-talk please -> Overwatch General Discussion

OW-only related posts and discussions may be moved there later.

2 Likes

If anyone has any comments regarding moderation or concerns about specific threads, use the flag system or drop a mod a pm.

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off-topic clashes

Back.

On.

Topic.

Well I decided not to buy it, the price is just too high for what Im used to in my country. I also decided not to buy Titanfall 2 since it costs even more and I cant even check how it will run for me. And so I think I will go for Quake Live, where I know I will find a quality competition and I will be ready for Quake Champions.

If its a girl I’ll be upset.

Its not a secret that lesbians are more palatable in the mainstream. Going the “safe” route of having one of the girl-toons be gay isnt much of a move towards diversity

3 Likes

You can’t really compare matchmaking between the two games, because Battleborn simply doesn’t have the playerbase. If Battleborn had the same amount of players as Overwatch, we would certainly have better matches, more balanced teams, and less pubstomps.

@fws I think it’s getting a trial version early next year. I’d advise waiting till then to cast your verdict. Also I don’t know where you’re located or what platform you’re on, but it’s really cheap in some places - if you’re on PC, Steam Sales are coming up, should go even cheaper soon.

In beta we had a lot of players, and then it was terrible too. They’ve adjusted some parameters, but that was really just for the decreased population, the base is just broken

I personally found it fine in the Beta. Weird. Guess that’s the different platforms.

1 Like

from what rumors I’ve heard, lucio is gay.

1 Like

[quote=“nbrownlie237, post:341, topic:1546341, full:true”]
@fws I think it’s getting a trial version early next year. I’d advise waiting till then to cast your verdict. Also I don’t know where you’re located or what platform you’re on, but it’s really cheap in some places - if you’re on PC, Steam Sales are coming up, should go even cheaper soon.
[/quote]But Titanfall 2 is on Origin, not Steam and they said there wont be a trial even on Access? And the cheapest I found Overwatch is 35eu on current sale, so it doesnt seem like they will cut price of Overwatch any time soon. If you meant Battleborn, then Im already playing it for some time or rather I used to because recently I cant find any games. That is why Im going to go for Quake Live, I need something to play, not to wait in.

No, I was referring to Battleborn. My bad. If you’re on PC, what server to you play on? In my experience manually changing your server can help with wait times.

If you mean that download server setting on Steam, then Im on Poland, but I tried switching it all around Europe and there was no differenece. I dont think it matters anymore, because if I wait really long then Im joining US players, which means the game does search globally by itself, probably widening search or changing regions with time.

Odd. I usually run U.S. Washington, DC - despite the lag it does decrease wait times by a noticeable margin.

I was able to find some games in US, but not sooner than 5am for me. Like it is 5:27 for me as Im writing this so I guess I could possibly find one now, but well, I have to sleep you know.