Support ticket nonsense

When I send a ticket with a few complaints that I know we are all having dealing with drop rates, dedicated drop pools, dlc world drops.

I get a automated response telling me to clear my cache and all this nonsense. Really 2K and Gearbox it’s my fault? Naw son don’t patronize me I don’t mind waiting for a response but don’t have some not make it seem like I’m doing something wrong.

Shame on you

6 Likes

Wow thats nuts ill check my email to see if they did that also. I send it as feedback. Type though.

Lemme see if thats what theyre really doing.

1 Like

Mine was feedback as well

1 Like

Yep, that’s all that I got from them. The same generic type of things as if I was the only one experiencing the issues. Then they started asking for videos of the crashing that I was having (this is for when so many people were crashing with Amara). Even after I managed to get one and put it on Youtube for them, they just asked for other videos. They never asked me any pertinent questions, like what my build was, what equipment I was using, what guardian ranks, etc. They don’t seem to have a clue about the game at all.

6 Likes

This is from feedback on game experience with drop strictly not with actual bugs because my games crashes/freezes no more than my warzone does or others games, mabye a bit more but nothing I can pinpoint on a specific issues.

1 Like

I think its horrible they sent you that. I described both solo and co op. Drop rates issues at m10. Everytime leaving screen shots of loot While i got automated responses, they didnt tell me to clear cache their response that someone will read it. No other response so far.

Edit: sorry just woke up. Fixing typos

2 Likes

Their support is laughable at best. They also had me completely uninstall my game and both DLCs and then reinstall them.

They’ll take days to get back to you just to ask you another non-pertinent question. I finally gave up on the tickets that I had open and I won’t be opening any more.

4 Likes

I’m not asking for immediate fix just a ‘hey it’s so and so I see your issue and we have similar complaints! We are trying to rectify it though I can’t give you an exact timeline of when or what will be implemented.’

Is that so hard acknowledgment that you see our issues and that these programs can be complicated and were working on it? I don’t need a timeline because I know one fix can ruin something else. But don’t ignore it or send a patronizing bot response.

That’s gross and deserves a chancla slap

6 Likes

You won’t get that. They never would acknowledge to me that other Amara players were getting crashes after the DLC 2 patch even though there were a lot of people here having the exact issue. The whole time they treated it as if I was the only one.

2 Likes

I fee for y’all, the only thing I crash on so I avoid it is the recursion. Which sucks because that thing still wrecks but they’re all sitting in the bank because the game can’t handle it at least not for me.

Hey at least they didn’t ask you for a picture, a video, a lock of your hair, a DNA sample, and 4 forms of id to “send your report up to the devs”

4 Likes

I use to work in a support center. Clearing the cache is a typical answer. Our lazy way of saying we don’t know.

It’s a bad response in my opinion but sometimes support people don’t know really the answer and the devs leave them with little knowledge to lean on.

1 Like

My experiences were poor enough I quit submitting bug reports to 2K. If it gets so bad that it’s unplayable, then it’s unplayable. This was back at launch. I see the exact type of responses and pointless demands I experienced. It is hard for me to believe it is incompetence. I think it is intentional. It’s the only conclusion I can draw when it is long term, systematic, and the exact same methodology over and over. The support people are doing exactly what someone is telling them to do in exactly the way they’ve been trained. Search the forums and you’ll find other people describing the exact same situations and responses, some more than a year ago.

2 Likes

I guess I’m old fashioned I’d rather receive no response until a human says something back to me than get that response lol.

1 Like

atleast better than steam support lmao

2 Likes

It seems to be consistent for 2K as it’s the same as what I got from NBA 2K support.

2 Likes

It’s either something that evolved in the workplace, or it’s trained. But it is not recent and it is pervasive - it is intentional. This is how someone at 2K thinks customer service should be handled.

1 Like

I’m not glad to hear any of that, that’s so sad I mean I understand the first initial automated response which was something like we got this ticket anything else you want to add reply to this email etc.

I don’t understand this patronizing one where I’m giving feedback and someone I’m not letting hotfixes apply and need to clear my cache? Ouch

1 Like

One support person “trolled me” two, if not three times asking for user name/gamertag, platform, SHiFT ID. To even submit the form you have to enter that information, and it was all there in the right sidebar. I think I took a screenshot and appended it to the ticket finally.

When reporting the Xbox crashing to power off, they asked if I could post a video of it. (Seriously) I pointed out it would look like any video that ended abruptly. Or, I could just have someone pull the plug out of the wall while I was playing. It’s also difficult to tell your Xbox “Record That” when, it’s off.

Then there were the exchanges with them concerning the Borderlands web site, telling me there was no problem with the forms for redeeming VIP rewards. So I sent them screenshots clearly showing there were no form elements as were described. They did not exist. I finally discovered for them that they had scripts that most/many ad blockers, web browsers, and DNS servers that were security conscious flagged as hostile. NOW they have a warning on the site, at least about ad blockers.

So far the majority of times I have contacted them, I resolved my issues myself. They provided at no point any usable solutions. Two out of three occasions I found not only a repeatable problem but provided solutions for those problems. Once, due to items that fell through the floor, they facilitated keys to “replace” lost legendary items. The keys did provide any usable gear. When I as a user/customer, can both identify and provide solutions to problems before trained support personnel, for me, there’s a problem.

2 Likes

See usually i support having a younger generation working in such an industry because they ‘may’ be more on top of what people want BUT you get responses like that sounds like a childish millennial who never learned respect and that’s gross.

Get ol gam gam up on the support team she’ll know how to treat customers

1 Like