Switching to next gen

Didn’t know where I should put this but here we go, I’ve been playing borderlands 2 for the last year after a long hiatus from playing at launch. Recently my ps3 has been acting up, a week ago I had my op8 save deleted because I had to reformat my system and the only save I had backed up was an op2. Further problems are lagging in the menu,totally froze the other day, and netflix skipping and freezing. My last ps3 did this before it totally died on me, I was thinking of switching to ps4 or xb1 but have been reading some of the co op issues on here. I guess my question is are the issues as bad as they sound? If they are what system is better? Also I am able to switch over with the whole cross save but would I be able to switch my characters over to a new psn with the new system?

“my question is are the issues as bad as they sound? If they are what system is better? Also I am able to switch over with the whole cross save but would I be able to switch my characters over to a new psn with the new system?”

Reply: It seems that the connection issue is a random and sporadic thing. Me personally, a USA gamer, have not run into this issue very often. When I have, it has been during late afternoons. I’m sure others could give more insight on this.

With pertaining to the cross save option, you cannot transfer characters to a new account or PSN. The character cross save will only upload/download to the PSN that they were created on.