Taiidan Defence Fighters?

Think these little guys will appear in the HWR? and in that case, think they work the same like in the original?
If there is a thread about this already, or in the wrong section, i do humbly apologize for the inconvinience.

EDIT: Also, what about the Light Defenders for both races?

Here is an image of the ship incase you are confused about wich ship i mean.

No units are getting removed, how they play however I don’t know

In the interview on RPS. GB says they ported “all” of the mechanics of HW1 SP campaign over to the HW2 engine. So i would assume yes they should be there.

That must have been quite a skill to do, importing mechanics from the first game to the HW2 engine.
If only the Resource Collector Beam was imported teh same way.

Not every mechanic was “perfectly” ported over, but what gearbox did to the resource collector to compensate is pretty good.

True that, it could have been worse lol.

In the interview on RPS. GB says they ported “all” of the mechanics of
HW1 SP campaign over to the HW2 engine. So i would assume yes they
should be there.

I don’t know how much to read into this though, since they’ve already removed fuel from the HW1 remaster.

If that’s gone, I wonder if they’ve removed anything else as well.

1 Like

I never liked the ‘tractor beam’ way of resourcing. It didn’t seem logical to me. I don’t know how it works, it doesn’t seem like it could work that way. If they could pull materials out of rock, then couldn’t they also use that as a weapon? Have a huge tractor beam thing that rips ship apart?

With the distance of their little beam thing shortened as it is in the Remastered game, I think it’s better. Looks better. Makes more sense.

Watching totalbuiscuts video, they are in and it looks like available to both Kushan and Tiiadan. There were a few differences between the races. 1 had cloaks, the other defenders. I had DFGs, the other drone frigs. I don’t remember for sure if one had the gravwell, and the other had the cloak field, but watching totalbuiscuts play, all the above techs were available for research by the Kushan.

In HW1 you can force-attack ships with a harvester and it uses the beam on them. Turns out hardened warship armor is harder to tear apart than loose rocks! Who knew?

I’m willing to give them the benefit of the doubt that they did port fuel into Homeworld Remastered, however, it was decided that it didn’t play well in multiplayer with the unified races so it was removed.

I’m willing to give them the benefit of the doubt that they did port
fuel into Homeworld Remastered, however, it was decided that it didn’t
play well in multiplayer with the unified races so it was removed.

Why not just remove it from multiplayer then - why remove it from singleplayer as well?

1 Like

Yeah, yeah, you think you’re smart.

When you go to war, you optimize your weapons for war. Those beams aren’t optimized for war. They’re for industrial purposes.

Consistency of gameplay.
You don’t want to players to learn tactics and habits of a feature, just to remove it in multiplayer where they have a disadvantage against people who didn’t play the singleplayer campaign (horrible people) and have to relearn how to play with different tactics.
Furthermore, it allows strike craft to be more consistent across both Homeworld 1 and Homeworld 2 (and Cataclysm) settings.

Not sure if I follow your logic to be honest - the original Homeworld gave multiplayer hosts a configurable per-game toggle for infinite fuel in multiplayer, so people already had to deal with the possibility of changing gameplay dynamics back then, and could choose to tailor things to their preferences.

Why would it suddenly be too hard to cope with now - why restrict the options players have available instead of expanding them (or at least keeping parity with what a 10+ year old game had)?

I didn’t explain in clearly, however due to the combined multiplayer, people who play the HW1 factions will be at a disadvantage against HW2 factions in strike craft. HW2 factions will be able to have their strike craft out longer and further from support craft. There may be an option to turn fuel on eventually, but HW2 races don’t have the support crafts for strike craft if there is fuel.

Yeah, that part at least makes perfect sense - I do agree it would be odd to have limited fuel in a multiplayer match involving HW1 ships versus HW2 ships.

There’s no reason it can’t be an optional thing for singleplayer though (from a gameplay standpoint). It doesn’t even have to be on by default, but it’d be great to have it there for those who want a more “pure” kind of experience with the remastered version.

people people please. Keep to the topic. This is a discussion about the Defence Fighter from the Taiidan, not about fuel.
Please focus on the topic.

To close out the side topic about Fuel Burn, Next to no one used it in MP anyway. Before you way “I did! I did!” it was not the agreed on default ladder setting, so rarely seen. Other defaults included No Crates (their spawn time became predicable and the items they game would offset the balance of a game way too much. I MD in the first 3 minutes on Radial?? A Carrier in a Carrier only game???), 5k ru, Research on, no resource injection, no bounties.

These game modes were so common in fact that you did not look for them to be there. If anything was changed, people would leave the game upon noticing. The onus was on the host to INFORM players that one of these accepted defaults was changed.

Back on the subject of defenders. Loved them, Saw defender subsystems in the tech tree in TB’s game play vid, glad they are back, can’t way to use them with DFGs in one of the strangest marriage of unlikely complementary vehicles I’ve every seen.

Defender! = defence fighter.