Takedown leaderboard?

The other night my friends and I were talking about a possible leaderboard that could be shown after the Takedown Confirmed display. We all agreed that it would be a nice way to add some competition as well as give a real world face value to each build. If it would be possible to show overall damage dealt by each character and amount of kills each person got throughout the Takedown. Enemies killed should be categorized as well, normal, badass, elite badass and bosses.

The utility of seeing that 2 people were using the same character but one dealt twice the damage of the other would be nice for build balancing/creating.

I don’t know if something like this would be possible with the games stability and how effective it would be at recording overall damage values as fast as everything happens.

I would love to know how the community would feel about something like this.

4 Likes

Idk if overkill would effect the damage values, though damage disproportionate to kills is always in leaderboards. If defensive aspects like damage taken/healed, FFYL, second winds and revives were also included that would be extremely helpful as well.
All that damage is useless if you’re all alone and your team is dead at the end :frowning:.

2 Likes

Lol you’d see nobody res anyone just for bragging rights.

Honestly doesn’t really need it. In your groups you already know who is doing DPS, who is is helping tank, who is playing medic, and who keeps killing themselves.

2 Likes

Some people don’t do that?

1 Like

I was talking about myself personally,… :rofl:

1 Like

If it was going to be scored I feel it should be by kills, mob enemies worth 100, badass 250, elite badass 500, boss 1500 with both halves of Wotan as bosses. Being downed is a 250 point penalty, dying 1000. Reviving an ally would gain 1500, revives via assist would reward 500. Overall damage would effect the final curve of score, highest damage gains 15% score and decreases by 5%/ player.

“Honestly doesn’t really need it. In your groups you already know who is doing DPS, who is is helping tank, who is playing medic, and who keeps killing themselves.” I wish this was how it worked -_-

1 Like

For BL2 we had time trials here in the forums. Competitors post videos of them killing X raid boss and the topic creator would update the original post and/or a google doc with the leaderboard.

There’s not really a ton if support abilities but for the sake of being inclusive towards the concept, scoring should also include damage taken and healing done for tank/healing type classes that otherwise sacrifice raw dps to be support.

2 Likes

I agree, my version was just thrown together in a couple minutes. If given time and properly executed I think defensive scoring should absolutely be applied.

1 Like