Taking Krieg to op 8

The Peak is tough as Krieg, but you are probably better off going with some version of gun Krieg, whether it’s with a Reaper or whatever else. There’s too much really big stuff to do melee Krieg unless you really like axe tossing (get the Sheriff’s badge if so, to increase the axe tossing rate). It’s very possible to do without RTB, but it’s nice to have that as a backup lifesaver. The other problem is that enemy’s on the peak are weak to corrosive, even enemies that would normally be weak to fire.

1 Like

I think I’m mostly gonna end up going explosive. It fits into most situations on the peak and has been working for a lot of it. The problems I think I’m gonna run into are with Saturn. Also wondering when should I get rid of op2 SWORDSPLOSION!!? Was hoping to hold on to it for as long as possible so was curious to know when it would be best to reset my playthrough and grab another. Ty for feedback!

1 Like

For most gear, I find it’s useful to refarm around OP5 or OP6 for the final push. I don’t do a full re-farm, since that would take forever, but I just identified a few pieces of gear that were relatively easy to farm (like a DPUH and Badaboom) and went with those. For the Saturns, it’s not fun, but I recommend a bee and something combo, like a corrosive pimp or sand hawk. It’s lame and still time consuming, but you can just duck in cover and pop away at them with something strong enough to eventually take them down. Krieg doesn’t have the best gun damage, but the mag size increase from Bloodlust (and possibly EE) allows for a lot of Sandhawk rounds to be shot in one mag. If you’re spec’d into Hellborn, you need something non-elemental with the bee, maybe a non-elemental Sandhawk or Conference Call. Going with an explosive based build seems like a good plan.

1 Like

Awesome man thanks for the help gonna try to push through op4 tonight!

Saturn is a patience game. Just get a good ranged weapon, sit by the weapon vendors and wear him down. If you have the balls you can rush down and go to town with a Reaper com and a Badaboom/Harold (proccing Bloodbath off the turrets) though after surviving the far tougher Assassins and Scorches taking such a risk might not be worth it even if it saves a ton of time.

@BookEmDano has the right idea- the Legendary Torch is the best com for the Peak as it has the highest ignite chance and burn duration, followed by the Reaper. I would recommend carrying all 3 aalong for different situations though.

If you don’t intend to use Moxxi I would also recommnd having a tanking weapon with strong DoT, something like a Hellfire/Pimpernel for flesh mobs or an Infection/Hornet for armored foes. The Infection especially will help you alot against Scorch and Dukino. The Hornet will also deal eith surveyors which can and will ruin your peak runs.

Since you cannot reliably get a Carnage the Kerblaster is the next best thing- 100% Bloodbath procs and will heal you fully on a kill with 1 point in Thrill of the Kill.

1 Like

@vanaria32 remember that there are no “flesh mobs” on the peak and that most are weak to corrosive, so the Hellfire is less useful… I didn’t know the Kerblaster was a 100% blood bath proc, might have to give that more of a go on my gun Krieg setup

3 Likes

Because Krieg only boosts burn damage you still heal more using fire for digistruct skags, bandits and spiderants.

The Kerblaster is quite amazing on Krieg, one of my favorites. Quite easy to get too, just farm the Torgue vendors till a good one turns up

5 Likes

About the only character I don’t InfiniBee Saturn with is Gaige- a few hundred stacks of Anarchy and a corrosive Pimpernel and Saturn disappears quickly :smile:

1 Like

The ker blaster was my next go to when my SWORSPLOSION!! Starts to die out. I just picked up an amazing reaper com with 99 team skill duration so that should help. Was thinking about running straight at Saturn triggering bloodbath and then using a flakker to finish him off =O. Although the risk might not be worth it.

3 Likes

It’s about the healing factor. Hellfire burn damage is very high so I can tank anything not resistant to fire and wear them down.

Black Queens, Doc Mercy, Assassins, and any other red bar enemies that charge me can have a long Burn effect for healing purposes.

5 Likes

Just passed op5 guys and god that was hell. Took about six or seven tries and most of the time I just made stupid mistakes. The flakker and quesar seem to be my best friends.

4 Likes

Op6 is giving me some serious trouble. I can’t even get dunkinos mom down to half health. I’m still using my same all gun Krieg and was thinking of grog nozzling and fotf this part. I seriously hate those tactics but I don’t see any other way. Most of my gear is up to date but it seems I just can’t heal through her damage with storm fronts or quesars. Any help is welcome. :smile:

3 Likes

For the healing you could use moxxi’s guns swap with slow projectile weapons, i.e., fire twister or unkempt harold shots and then swap to a grog or rubi before rounds connect.

Another way would be using Vladof’s AoE grenades and hoping for dukino’s mom to stay on top of it.

3 Likes

Have you tried slag transfusion grenades? Also, do you have any seraph crystals? The seraph vendor in the Sir Hammerlock dlc sells corrosive weapons that might help if you have trouble farming for the usual suspects…

2 Likes

Never tried slag transfusion don’t know why hahah . I’ll give those a run and I have a hornet that I can use for her just picked at op6.

Vladof aoe I have but there just not giving enough healing. Swapping is probably my best bet.

The Lightning attacks are the only major issue with Dukino’s Mom. Usually it’s a matter of timing Rampage to get through it. By that I mean the animation can neutralize at least one of the attacks and you can tank the last of it then throw axes safely from a distance. Until Rampage is over and you can apply corrosive DoT for Elemental Empathy heals.

If Dukino’s Mom decides to do double lightning attacks or catches you out while you’re in Rampage, it’s bad RNG and you have to accept your fate.

1 Like

I use Pandemics for DoT healing : homing and last a long time.

2 Likes

This might help

Dukino in the Peak is element neutral so it might be possible to tank her with fire guns and a Legendary Torch, though I haven’t heavily tested that myself

Infection and/or Pandemics are probabl your good bet, though Tesla/Chain Lightning also works if you don’t mind using a moxxi weapon.

2 Likes

I think the difference with Krieg at the Peak is that even though the damage type is neutral, the ability to apply effective Elemental Effect for healing purposes remains the same whether you’re fighting flesh or armored enemies that are not inherently resistant. In this case, Burn damage does nothing because it doesn’t apply or persist against Dukino’s Mom. So your best bet for survival is to still use Corrosive weapons against her and let Raving Retribution do some work on the mini psychos chasing you.

I think that, in general, with a Hellborn-based Krieg you want to focus on what type of DoT you can apply to the enemy. Burn takes priority because of Krieg’s buffs but if you can’t, then Corrosive puts in work because it lasts such a long time.

3 Likes