Tales from borderlands

(NasExtremious ) #1

I became interested in this title recently as it was brought up in conversation when discussing the new DLC for borderlands 2 and prequel. The first season is free and I wanted to give it a try. When I launched the game an option to create/login your taletell account appears. I choose the option to create an account and my browser opens with a create a login page. I proceeded to put my credentials in and hit complete but I got an error every time. I reached out to support and I recieved a response saying that Taletell games no longer supported its games as of September. I responded in kind saying if no ones supporting their product I am surely not going to buy it. I mean seriously, why support a company who’s out of business?

(Is this thing on?) #2

That’s kind of the point - Telltale went bankrupt and laid off most of their staff while the remainder were finishing up the final episodes of whatever they were contracted for at the time. The company is gone.

Which has the unfortunate side effect that there’s no-one to release a patch to disable the sign-up stuff, so it just fails with an error message.

And that’s too bad, because it was actually a pretty good story.

(Perdido) #3

I have the Borderlands customization items coming to me from Poker Night 2, I just haven’t redeemed them because that feature has always been bugged - you have to redeem them through GBX support, which requires jumping through some hoops. I thought I’d go through that process when I had the time. Will I still be able to redeem those?

(Is this thing on?) #4

I think so? As long as you have proof that you’ve earned the rewards, you should be good to go.

(XB1: Abattoirista) #5

I haven’t fired it up in a while, at least not on PC, but as far as I know you should be able to play the game without making an account. (Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong)

(Is this thing on?) #6

Thinking about it, I never did actually create an account for the game. All it meant was that I couldn’t see detailed stats on my choices compared to others. Which, honestly, was not a big deal.