Tell me about the Unforgiven

Quoted in full because this is the best “Because Zer0” statement I’ve seen yet. As you say, when you have it working for you, it’s one of the best feelings in the game. He encourages a very fluid style of engagement which is totally absorbing. I get moments like that with a good mobbing Maya or Axton build, but Zer0 is the best for it.

1 Like

This weapon is a pointless weapon, because the Maggie existed from day one and is better. A lot of examples are in the game of weapons that literally don’t need to exist, this is one.

Firstly, you bumped a thread that hasnt been active for a year, just a heads up.
Secondly, despite it’s flaws, I get better mileage out of a Unforgiven than a Maggie, tbh. Doesn’t help that I never really liked Mashers in the first game either.

2 Likes

You are comparing two very different firearms that have their own strengths and weaknesses. One is a precision oriented pocket sniper rifle while the other is a shotgun bullet hose. Comparing those two is a bit less than comparing two weapons from different manufacturers.

The Unforgiven, as I mentioned earlier in this post some two years ago, is one that needs a bit of elbow grease to perform well with, especially in the OP levels.

2 Likes

Maybe it should be renamed “The Unforgiving”

3 Likes

Increase its critical damage by 150% but cause it to inflict 50% of the damage to the user if they miss a critical hit and you got a deal.

3 Likes

I have a Mordy in BL1 who has an Unforgiven Masher, best of both worlds heh. (I love that particular revolver, absolutely brutal esp in Mordy’s hands.)

1 Like

I’m probably the only one in existence that does not like a masher barrel on my Unforgiven in BL1.

1 Like

Make it 2. Masher accesoire never worked for me, atleast with Jakobs.

1 Like

I got one for close quarters and anti-rakk but that is about it, and that one is not an Unforgiven.

1 Like

For Mashers, I personally went for Dahl, they don’t severely penalize you for missing a shot.

Sorry to necro an already necro’d thread, but @Troubled : I haven’t gotten an Unforgiven but I have used the Rex recently on my Jakobs Sal - how do the two compare? From what I can tell from card numbers, Rex has higher base damage, lower crit bonus, less recoil and half the fire rate. But these are just numbers.

Rex only really beats the Unforgiven in raw damage while the Unforgiven wins out in every other category: faster fire rate, lower recoil, higher accuracy, and possibly better magazine capacity. The only other fields that the Rex wins is accessibility while also being better at body shots than the Unforgiven is. This is all assuming both weapons have matching parts.

However, the differences are not that significant so between the two weapons it is mostly up to personal preference more than anything. Personally I prefer the Unforgiven due to its superior stats save for damage.

2 Likes