Tell Me Something Nice You've Done! (Win Battleborn Early Access or an Evolve Season 2 Pass!)

I have quite a few Evolve Hunting Season 2 codes left that I’d like to go to a good home. If you’ve already got one, don’t worry, I’m throwing in one Battleborn Early Access Preview code as well.

All you have to do is tell me something nice you’ve done for someone. Ideally it would be something recent, but if you have a more epic story that takes place a while back, that’ll be good too.

If you can’t think of something nice you’ve done for someone recently, please take a moment to reevaluate your life decisions.

I’ll pick the winner in about a week, but here are some rules:

1. Keep it under 400 words. If you absolutely need to go over, that’s fine, but I’ll like you more for being concise.

2. Make it readable. I’m no pro at English, but make sure you use punctuation, spaces, and all that nice stuff so it’s not too hard on my eyes. I don’t like blocks of texts, line breaks are nice.

3. Post at the top “CONTEST ENTRY” and the prize you’d like if you win, it’ll make it easier for me to identify people who are entering and get them the prize they wanted. If you’d like a Hunting Season 2 pass, let me know what platform!

4. Post in this thread to enter. You may tell multiple stories, but it will not increase your chances of winning, I’ll randomly pick one of the stories for entry.

5. Don’t make up the story! Legitimately go out and do something nice for someone. There’s no way for me to actually tell if it’s real or not, so I’m just going to trust you to be honest.

And some other notes:

-You’re absolutely welcome to post a story, even if you don’t want a prize! Just leave out the “CONTEST ENTRY” part, I’ll read what you write anyway.

-I have Evolve Hunting Season 2 passes on PC, Xbox One, and PS4. You’ll get Gorgon, Lennox, Jack, EMET, Kala, and some skins.

-The Battleborn Early Access Preview is ONLY on PC. This is NOT the Beta, it contains all 25 playable heroes and new game modes and story content are being unlocked each week. The game releases May 3rd.

-I’ve heard that the PS4 Evolve codes I have don’t work in Europe. I do not know which codes are usable in what countries, but they should all work in the US and probably North America. Nicky assumes no responsibility for codes that don’t work in different regions.

-This contest is open on the Evolve forums at talk.turtlerockstudios.com and the Gearbox forums at forums.gearbox.com. It’s the exact same contest with the exact same prize pool, I just wanted to make it accessible to anyone who wanted an Evolve code or a Battleborn code.

-You do not need to be on the Gearbox forums to earn the Battleborn code, and you do not need to be on the Evolve forums to get a Hunting Season 2 Pass.

-Please only enter on one forum, I know you can totally trick me and enter on both forums under different names, but I’m going to trust everyone will be honest.

-You don’t necessarily have to run into a burning building of puppies, save each one of them, put out the fire, and rebuild their home to win the contest. It doesn’t matter if the nice thing you’ve done is for one person or twenty, I’m simply picking my favorite stories. The winners won’t necessarily be the one who went out and did the biggest, most expensive thing.

-Nicky reserves the right to edit the rules, terms, and conditions as necessary.

I’ll announce the winners on both threads, as well as my Facebook, Twitter, and Discord channels in about a week (Sunday, March 27th). You will be contacted on the respective forum you posted with your prize.

You can find me on Twitter @StealthShampoo, on Facebook, and on my Discord.

Good luck,
Nicky from StealthShampoo

Note from the TRS Forums: People aren’t putting “CONTEST ENTRY” at the top of their post with the prize they want. I won’t count your entry unless you do that. When it’s judging time, I’m going to hit F3 and just read all the posts with CONTEST ENTRY, others will be skipped over. PLEASE READ ALL THE RULES BEFORE ENTERING!

Edit: If you’d like a Hunting Season 2 pass, let me know what platform!

4 Likes

CONTEST ENTRY Battleborn if possible

A few months ago i gave 95% of my savings to a friend so she could go to university (so expensive these days) and follow her dream of becoming a 3d modeler and getting into game design.

Now i’m broke as hell but it doesn’t matter to me as long as i helped someone achieve their dream and last time i heard, she is absolutely loving her course and life again.

2 Likes

CONTEST ENTRY
Battleborn

I remember standing in front of a single mother with two kids in line at a Starbucks. Both of the children wanted attention, and I could tell the mom was getting flustered between trying to order, find her credit card, attend to them, and talk on the phone with who, from the sound of the conversation, was her angry boss. I quietly told the barista to use my card number for her order, then got my drink and left before she finished ordering. Before I turned the corner away from the store, I looked to see her standing in line, purse in hand, surprised and looking around for the person who did it.

3 Likes

CONTEST ENTRY for the Battleborn Early Access Preview.

My neighbor’s husband died (heart attack on some road trip - passed away along the freeway with his family). She and her kids were in kind of rough shape, and were in the process of moving somewhere else. I never really spoke with them, but we were on good terms; they brought my wife and me cookies that her young daughter made once, and I cleared a large tree branch that had fallen in their driveway one winter. I also don’t get the impression that they knew a lot of people in the area. One day I got a phone call from her, somewhat despondent, that she had gotten a flat, but the spare tire was back in their house, and she didn’t know who else to call. Without missing a beat, I asked where she was (some twenty miles away), hung up, cobbled together a snack, drove out there, gave them the chow, swapped out her wheel, wished her luck, and never heard from them again.

3 Likes

CONTEST ENTRY. I’m not interested in Evolve, but the Battleborn EA would be great. I feel kind of dirty bragging about how altruistic I am, but Battleborn though.

A long, long time ago, in a region of New York that might as well not exist, I made a decision that made things a little bit better for, well, a lot of people, actually. On a whim, I decided to trek over to the local WXXI station, sat down, and started reading the newspaper over the radio for the blind. I don’t know how many people ever actually listened, but I kept doing it.
I’m still doing it now, too; every Friday at Noon. The folks at the station really appreciate the time I put in, too. The guy in charge of the station, Andy, is blind himself, so I think he in particular appreciates the sentiments. It didn’t change anyone’s lives, but think a lot of people like being kept up to date even if they can’t see.

2 Likes

CONTEST ENTRY
Battleborn

A while back, I was saving for a GTX980ti. Well, my brother’s birthday was coming up. So instead of getting him something small, I spent my whole savings for that card to help my mom make him a gaming rig.

And it was the most awesome birthday he ever had. I really don’t think I can top what I did that year. I never recovered the savings for the card, but I really don’t care because the money was totally wasn’t wasted.

3 Likes

CONTEST ENTRY
Battleborn

Just last weekend, my SO entered a horseback riding competition in Denver. It was the culmination of 3 months of hard work. We arrived on Thursday and didn’t leave until Sunday afternoon. For 4 days, I was assistant, coach, and motivator for my SO while she competed. Waking up at 5am every day, even on Saturday and Sunday, to get to the arena early to practice was not easy. To make matters worse, I had a terrible case of the flu. She offered to let me stay home all weekend and rest, but I wanted to help and see her compete. I gave her my entire weekend, and I’d do it again in a heartbeat.

1 Like

CONTEST ENTRY
Battleborn preferably

Firstly I want to thank you for thinking of giving away the key to randos, however my good deed is that every week I go down to the local library and volunteer. Basically, at the library elderly people can come in and ask for help with their devices if they need it, I help them out with whatever it is, maybe their phones or excel. It’s a pretty great experience, I love doing it and I’d reccomend it to anyone.

Again thanks for the giveaway

3 Likes

CONTEST ENTRY

Battleborn Early Access Preview code

This last week I went to my campus for a scheduled exam and I always park on the top floor of my parking garage. This day was different. I noticed a girl who was walking around looking very distraught and acting very weird. I parked my car and noticed that she had gotten on top of the barrier of the garage preventing cars from taking a 4 story fall into a busy street. She looked like she was crying and leaning over about ready to jump. I quickly called campus security and they got there real fast to talk to her. She’s fine now and I was just happy she made the right choice. This is no uncommon thing for me though since I work as a psychiatric tech at our mental health hospital and stop this on a semi normal basis (not for the money but just for the experience to say I save lives). When I went home I tweeted what happened and that I was going to enjoy some BB streaming (and went to your channel). Is it weird that this is my normal life?

2 Likes

CONTEST ENTRY
Battleborn Early Access

I guess this is 5 months old now, but a couple of my friends developed and released the PC game Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes. To celebrate the launch I decided to hold a giveaway on the Shack news website:

http://www.shacknews.com/chatty?id=34052299#item_34052299

This was not only to help give my developer friends some sales, but a hopes to get some more word of mouth advertisement. In the end I gave away 5 copies to the Shacknews community.

1 Like

CONTEST ENTRY

Battleborn Early Access Preview code

About 2 years ago, my wife and I gave a retired Vietnam vet and his wife a 5th wheel RV for free so he and his wife could tour the country. It needed some work (new wiring, water heater, and the back end was starting to come away), but we knew after talking to him he would take good care of it and would get more use than what we could. We also gave him some other things we didn’t need like a pair of road bikes and a vehichle wheelchair carrier/ramp combination. He talked about paying us, but we told him know: everything was a gift for his service and because he could make use of it.

Last year my 80 year-old mother fell while recovering from eye surgery and broke her arm in three places. My wife and I drove over 1000 miles to help her get up and down while she recovered and when she was ready, we packed up her house and moved her and her stuff out to OK to live with us. She’s recovering just fine and has actually lost weight because she walks more than 10 feet between the couch and the lavatory. She now has five dogs, five cats, and two people to keep her company and I try to cook what she loves every chance I get, which includes beans and homemade cornbread. Whenever I cook, I make her plate so she doesn’t have to juggle both it and her cane at the same time while dogs are dancing around her feet.

2 Likes

CONTEST ENTRY

Battleborn Early Access code

I really like this idea, spreading kindness and positive vibes are great things, I’m glad you approached this the way you did, especially because I love reading all of these stories.

Anyways, on to my story, so for the past 2 years that I’ve been going to my community college I’ve been in a volunteer tutoring program where I regularly help people who are in need with some help in their classes.

Recently though, I have been helping this young kid from China who moved here to the United States through a foreign exchange program. He speaks little english and has a really hard time with his english classes so he was told to find help at the tutoring center. So I happened to be there and I helped him through some of his assignments and his upcoming essay. With a lot of work, he was getting better grades so he started to come back to the tutoring center more often.

He eventually would come for every single one of his classes and I would help him out with any homework he needed. We spent a lot of time together through me just helping him out with school that we actually became pretty close friends. By the end of the quarter he passed all of his classes with a 3.8 GPA average and on the last day he stopped by and thanked me for all the help that I gave him and all the support he had to really exceed in school.

It felt great helping someone out who was struggling and I hope other people can strive towards helping others struggling through life too. Sorry if this was a bit lengthy but the whole story covers a kinda long period of time since I was helping him throughout the school quarter. Hope you enjoyed and thank you Nicky for doing this giveaway!

(ps, the date you are giving the code out is actually the day before my birthday so if I miraculously got the code that would beat any present I’m getting)

3 Likes

CONTEST ENTRY - BATTLEBORN

well i helped someone who went into a coma i called the ambulance and waited(he was a complete stranger) this happend in 2015

2 Likes

CONTEST ENTRY Battleborn

I’ve paid off the debts of a homeless man who lives in a tent by the local Walmart. He’s never hurt a fly, loves cats, and never stolen a dime from his job, but had tremendous debts. It helped him get back into school, find a car, and soon, a place to live (his parents and best friend died all within 2 years of each other, which spiraled him into homelessness)

I’ve paid off the debts of another friend who lived for years without medication for her thyroid, anxiety, and diabetes. I’ve paid off the debts of another friend who hurt his back and couldn’t work for almost a year. I’ve put a veteran back into trade school to become a trucker, a dream he’s had all his life.

I make barely above minimum wage.

3 Likes

Me too! Totally agree.

1 Like

The gaming sphere definitely could use as much positivity as it can get, and I wanted to do something that everyone could benefit from since I don’t have infinite codes.

My only regret is that a lot of these stories are really good and I wish I did have infinite codes!

5 Likes

I have been part of a large family and we always “Adopt” people in need. We recently took in my wife’s friend who went threw a nasty divorce and had no where to live with her 3 year old son. My wife and let her and her son live with us and became one large family. We already have three daughters of our own so a cramped home of 7 people is tough, it is not impossible. We have since helped our family friend get back on her feet and helped her find a new place of her own😇

2 Likes

CONTEST ENTRY
Prize: Battleborn early acces

It was late at night around 5am, I woke up from banging at our gate of the apartment complex I live in. I went outside to see what was going on, only to find 2 guys robbing our bicylces. I went after them told them to stop and scared one of, the other one I got in a fight but I made sure they didn’t rob the bicycles. Don’t know if you call this a nice thing but everyone in my apartment complex was happy they didn’t lose their bike.

2 Likes

CONTEST ENTRY
Battleborn PC early access

One night last winter, I went to collect two pizzas I’d ordered over the phone, it was two for the price of one if you collected and I lived close by. I parked around the back, and when I came back with my pizzas, an old homeless looking guy was searching through the rubbish bin. I must have surprised him, he looked really embarrassed and then started to hurry off. I called out “Hey” and he started running, I ended up chasing him down the street carrying the pizza’s, yelling out “Hey, wait!”, until he finally stopped. I told him I just wanted to give him some pizza and he didn’t seem to believe me, even after I’d given him two slices of the first pizza he was still uncomfortable and wanted to leave. He ended giving his heartfelt thanks in the end.

As I drove off I saw him sitting on a bench eating his four slices of pizza and I can honestly say I’ve never seen a happier person in my life. I beeped my horn and waved at him but he was completely enthralled by his meal and didn’t notice.

2 Likes

CONTEST ENTRY
Battleborn Early Access

I made my wife dinner.

1 Like