It took his time! But Templar released the Version 5 of his A:CM Mod!
V5 Update changes :
- All Levels have had a graphic overhaul (only Sulaco was included and a bit of Hadleys Hope in V4)
- Bug Hunt MP modified for Xeno’s only (no WY grunts) and uses V5 Xeno configs
- Fixed Laser Attachment
- Fixed Extended Mag for Pulse Rifle
- Permanent Decals
- Improved Engine Config for higher quality graphics
- Improved Pixel Shader for better graphics
- Reworked AI Targeting mechanics to improve xeno and human combat
- Slight Improvement to Human combat AI
- Significant Improvement to Xeno dodging and jumping
Overhaul Overview (The Highlights) :
- Fixes Weapon Firing mechanics so they shoot where you point
- Fixes Xeno AI so they are dangerous and smart
- Fixes Human AI so they are slightly less stupid (only so much I can do!)
- Rebalanced and Reconfigured Weapons
- Particles and Effects game-wide recoded for better visual quality
- More Xenos in many Situations
- Smart Gun available 5 times throughout the campaign instead of just 2
Known Issues :
- Some particle effects go haywire and produce too many particles. There are only a few of these and most of the time its not noticeable, but they do impact performance
And it seems Templar found the missing link for the broken AI (not inc. in the V5 download yet). It seems to, that it based on a simple spelling mistake in the ini files by GBX or Timegate. After you fix this “mistake”, you won´t recognize the AI. It´s faster and smarter. I´ll test it today over 2h on my rig with a clean installation of acm and one of my budies too. We got the same result. No more “Xeno freezes” and the xenos try to kill you from above or behind.
So, stay frosty!