Teslas and Jabbers Breath are broken, right?

Hi.

First of all, I don’t know if this is already a common topic, so my apoligies if there’s a discussion about this already.

I’m pretty sure Shock Badasses “tesla effect” and jabbers fire breath aren’t working as intended (lulz miyazaki). Once you’ve been touch by the shock area in the floor, you are dead. No matter how far you run, no matter if you are outside the shock field range, it doesn’t matter, you just drop. If someone revives you, you’ll be multi hit by something invisible and down you go again, if someone revives you again, you’ll be multi hit by something infinitely until you die.

After 3 or 4 instadeads you ask yourself what the ■■■■ is actually hitting you, and the answer is the tesla effect. Your character goes RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR in which every “R” is a single hit, your screen starts shaking and you receive like 30 multihits in 2 seconds. Like I said, after that you’ll die no matter what you do. Even if you are outside of the shock field or the shock field has dissapeared by the time, it doesn’t matter, the effect is infinite until you go down and down again.

Something similar happens with Jabbers breath of fire. This is less problematic because it only hurts you when the animation colides with your character and doesn’t have an infinite damaging effect, but when hit by the Jabber’s breath of fire, your character goes RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR mode and the abnormal multihit usually puts you down in -1 seconds.

Imagine a Fire Jabber’s Breath as a gun called Fire Musket.Its damage that applies non stop with very small delays.Reminiscent of a constant drain or very high attack speed in other games.
You’re not suppose to go next to a Dragon that breathes fire.Also while they are doing that they become static and easy to attack.

I’m not a developer but the same can easily be seen in BL1,BL2 and TPS.But in different situations and enemies.

I’m not saying this because of a Jabber being a problem, but because I think the actual mechanic isn’t intended.

Yesterday the situation I described happened to me and some friends, a Tesla keep putting us down even after the shock field dissapeared, and AFTER respawning, we keep receiving damage from outside of the battlefield -electric damage- until we re-entered the game.

Also, in the Borderlands are plenty of creatures similar to dragons, much, much more simillar to dragons than a… Jabber, and no one have that multihit property. Not polillarack, not the dragons of destruction, not the badassaurus, no one.

That is totally different from described , and havent happened to me.The constant effect that you describe should end if you are out of range from the Jabber , Tesla effect and the DoT on your character (If applied) stops.

What Im reading now is obviously a bug.

That’s what I’m saying.

It’s not a dot. It’s the actual effect, the effect that shakes your entire screen and puts you down in seconds when you are inside the visible shock-field keeps aplying to everybody who have touched the shock-field even when outside its range. Again and again, in an infinite loop until you die.