Text size way too small (just plain single player not even split screen)

I’m not even playing in split screen. I’m at the gameplay screen and can’t see a thing, I admit I have bad eyesight but this is ridiculous. I can’t even figure out what options I’m choosing. Can you PLEASE put some accessibility option that lets us increase the size of the text (hopefully an extra extra large option if this tiny text is any indication). For now, it’s unplayable for me due to this issue. I have a 47inch tv, I know that’s small for today’s standards but still.

17 Likes

I have a 65" TV and text is still way too small for me. Not just you. It’s honestly hindering my enjoyment of the game pretty significantly.

8 Likes

I too have a decent sized TV, yet even without the split screen, the words are still way too small. I managed to make the captions larger, why not the inventory or settings? There’s a lot of reading to do in Borderlands, even if your just reading about the loot. Very disappointed.

8 Likes

I have a 70" TV and am struggling to read everything on single player mode, I can’t imaging try to play with splitscreeen! No option to increase text size on Xbox. PLEASE for love of the game, make an accessibility option to increase text and HUD display size!!!

9 Likes

the crazy thing i dont understand is that people have been playing this for a good amount of time with the conventions and whatnot and this has never been mentioned before? not sure how something like this could slip through. Almost as if they must be testing their games in theaters on the big screen >_>

8 Likes

This bugs me as well. Unless they used different build of the game, or everyone was standing with their face 10 inches away from TV/monitor. Could be the hype/adrenalin too.

But yeah, lots of annoyances at this point, IMHO.

7 Likes

Yep. I was thinking, man, I need my eyes checked … lol

4 Likes

Font and dialogue boxes are far too small. I cannot even read the stats on inventory. Fix this guys for full and split screen modes!!!

7 Likes

Just turned on the captions and I definitely see what people mean.

I feel like this is a problem that may be patched out (or at least relative options of text size), and one worth expressing interest over.

https://gearboxsoftware.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/categories/360002121592-Borderlands-3

If you go to the BL3 Zendesk hit ‘click here to submit a ticket’, there is an option for Questions/Feedback on ‘The issue I am having is…’ category. If your having a lot of difficulty reading the text, it may be worth noting.

6 Likes

Same for me, on a 65" LG 4k TV.

I’ve had this problem since HD games became a thing though with many tvs with many screens (plasma, Lcd, oled).

I’ve heard allsorts of excuses, but never a way to fix the issue. I will say I’ve seen far worse than in BL3 though, I can kinda make things out in this game, in some it’s almost impossible and I’ve stopped playing games because of it; Dragon age being one I remember well, and one of the Elder scroll games, I think Oblivion. H1Z1 was by far the worst, I couldn’t make a damn thing out.

I learnt long ago that square and the PS home button zoom the screen, so if I care enough I’ll do that to read stuff, if I don’t care I just give up on the game.

4 Likes

I think in general they play fairly close to the screen, where the text size is less of an issue.

2 Likes

yeah…just as others have mentioned, ive a 70 in screen and up close it is still hard to read… split screen or single player. too many people complaining about this to just write it off. also… the lag is killing me XD
also the fast travel and maps. cool idea, but maybe not implemented in the best way XD

but despite all my complaining, i think there are alot of improvements!

3 Likes

Thanks, put in a ticket as well.

2 Likes

We need bigger text, and we need vertical splitscreen. This is vital.

3 Likes

Has this been implemented yet, I know there have been several patches but have any addressed the tiny text UI?

2 Likes