Thank you for Monuments!

I love everything about the map! The soundtrack, the jungle ruins aesthetic, and the complex routes are all very welcome change to the formula. Can’t wait to see what else you guys are working on.

5 Likes

It would be nice if they could do some visual improvements to the old maps, the new maps feel a lot more detailed in the art department compared to the old ones. Or maybe I’m just really used to the old ones :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It’s possible we have different definitions of detailed here, but if anything I wish they’d remove some of the detail in echelon. One of the reasons I hate it is that there’s so much visual noise I can barely tell what’s going on. The color pallete probably doesn’t help either though.

Ah, I might have meant detailed in a different way than just “A lot of small stuff going on”, English is not my main language. More like… Uh. Dang, I can’t remember the word I was looking for right now. I also think Echelon is a little too busy. The very limited color palette doesn’t help.

1 Like

I guess “cluttered” would be a good term. Echelon & Monuments are definately alot to cope for the eyes, for example you´ve to concentrate alot to make out Ambras on Echelon^^

1 Like

Monuments is a great map and really feels like they learned a lot of lessons from Overgrowth and Echelon. It’s a lot harder to cheese the Sentry because you’re funneled into that lane. There’s lots of interesting pathways and multiple avenues of attack. Snipers still have some lanes but aren’t completely dominant. It’s definitely my favorite map right now.

1 Like

Wished they would do a snow map for incursion. Meltdown seems to have every type of environment so far with a jungle map, snowy map, and a urban map.

1 Like

I really like Monuments as well, but more than on any other map, I’ve, unfortunately, experienced/noticed huge lag spikes . . . Anyone else notice this? (I’m on PS4)

I have as well (ps4) they’re not there every match, but when it occurs it’s crazy, like I’m zipping around everywhere even when i stop moving. But all in all, i love monuments because of all the diversity it has, the multiple levels give snipers an edge and the backways make assassins more lethal, Deande and Phoebe on monuments is almost a death sentence for the enemy :smiling_imp:

1 Like