*Thanks Gbx!* Make shield boosters easier to pick up

Booster shields are really awesome. I’ve had a love affair with the Big Boom Blaster since Axton first equipped it.

However, why can’t I just pick up the shield boosters by walking over it? If my shield is already full or other requirements are met the booster will simply wait for me to walk over it again, like a good little booster should. Please for the love of beer and tatas! Fix this.

At the very least make the things easier to target for pick up. It’s SO frustrating to be trying to target the exact little tiny area to pick these up. Often in combat your getting smacked around and tossed by explosions, not to mention bobbing and weaving and trying not to get shot up.

I don’t recall the shield boosters being quit as finicky in BL2(it was still a troublesome just not as bad). Is there anything that can be done? Please Gearbox.

As it currently is, I have just stopped using Booster Shields all together. I generally find myself not only unable to pick them up in a timely manner but often ending up being worse off for even attempting to pick them up. While I’m taking all this time with trying to pick them up I end up getting shot to ■■■■ in the meantime.

Please Gearbox! Let me live my fantasy of quality of life, no fuss gaming!

Edit: Thanks for listening to feedback!

25 Likes

agreed. i like these boosters but i just end up smashing E and looking down when i could be shooting the heads off of enemies. then again, it was the same way in BL2 and nothing changed.

4 Likes

I think it’s the whole concept of having to stop shooting to take the time to pick them up…

Me my problem is that the button to pick up is the same as reloading your gun sooo if you are in dire need of boosting your shield and mashing the button you will most likely lose precious time to reloading your gun while trying to pick it up…so it’s kinda counter effective.

AAAAAAnd i’m with the original poster that these boosters should be auto pick if you walk over them…just make the radius for pickup be really small.

4 Likes

Yup, they are a pain and a potentially lethal distraction in combat to stop and pray thst you’ve actually picked it up.

Auto applying the booster by walking over it would be amazing!

I am currently using a Legendary shield that pumps out healing boosters, but stopping to pick them up is often too dangerous and random to be worth it.

My current shield aside, it seems like a LOT of the shields in BL3 put out boosters or have pick-up-able items, so, yes, they need to be much easier to pick up.

3 Likes

you mean there are people who DONT use transformer?

2 Likes

Where the hit boxes for boosters a little larger in BL2? Seems to me they weren’t quite as annoying then but I haven’t used them in quite a while.

3 Likes

These types of shields could have had stats about auto pick up- time delay and range. Each boost would need an amount of time to pass to be picked up automatically and there would be a maximum range for that to happen (though range wouldn’t be as necessary to remedy this problem).

Then players could choose to pick them up right away, or allow the auto pick up to engage.

3 Likes

This is like the first thread that o can agree on, yes make them easier, maybe make the light from it part of its box to collect

3 Likes

yes, quite difficult to pick them up especially in the thick of things and also my sensitivity crank to max is not helping either.

2 Likes

God i keep finding that profile picture adorable, i hope maya comes back in someway, maybe as a zombie for the zombie event

2 Likes

no not a zombie.

1 Like

There would be no point in them dropping then. It might as well just fill up your shield or health instantly then dropping and getting picked up instantly.

1 Like

I think the hit box for picking up shield boosters was a lot larger in Borderlands 2. Just based from memory, I certainly don’t recall getting as frustrated as I am now. I used the Big Boom Blaster on Axton a LOT and even then it could be annoying but I never had this much trouble.

3 Likes

I kinda see what you saying but I don’t think automatically picking them up would make them useless because they only have a certain percentage chance to drop and then it only fills up a certain amount of shield or health when you do.

Also, other players can pick them up as well. So if you didn’t need the booster you could back off and let your mate walk over it.

At the very least they could make the hit box for picking them up a bit larger. I don’t recall it being this frustrating in Borderlands 2 to pick the boosters up.

Regardless, I would like to see some kind of quality of life change to make them not a detriment to survival by just trying to pick them up.

1 Like

I have a feeling that Gearbox didn’t put a lot of attention into picking things up. I’ve noticed a number of things feel harder to pick up and interact with than in previous games.

3 Likes

well, maybe a spirit then

1 Like

Yeah, come to think about it, I’ve noticed that the hit box for interacting with chests and buttons and such feels tiny now too.

I thought maybe it was just the controls feeling a bit loose but it is definitely harder to open lockers and such now. At least for me.

2 Likes

Vending machines are also fussier now. Front approach only, no side action. :cry:

2 Likes

I would definitely like it if the booster drops from shields picked up automatically like other pickups.

1 Like

I also find this frustrating.

1 Like