The A vs. B Thread

Rules are simple:

-Answer with what you prefer

-You can change question at any time

I will start:

vBulletin or this forum platform?

(Oyarsa) #3

I like the old forums better for now. They have been running for a while and have most of the bugs and annoyances worked out, as opposed to this one. That being said, I think that these forums have a lot of potential, and could definitely end up far surpassing the old ones once they get all of the kinks worked out.

(Revolver "Revolver" "Pink Ocelot Terror Ghost" Ocelot) #4

I think I’m starting to like Discourse (These forums) a lot, compared to the old vBulletin forums. I just wish that they kept the same organization that they had before, but figuring out and remembering how the subforums have changed is getting easier. These forums have a lot of potential, really.

(?) #5

Like @oyarsa said I do like the potential. We will just have to wait for the first “DLC” to see if they streamline everything. So far I like the ease of interactivity between the users. It feels more like a social network about video games.

(Gswine) #6

My phone hates it, actually the forum seems to be triggering a vertigo effect so right now I hate it also.
It’s like geometric shapes started a fight club where the first rule is don’t touch each other but kinda wobble near then away from each other but also exude menace.

Not sure what the second rule would be as feel sick.

(Revolver "Revolver" "Pink Ocelot Terror Ghost" Ocelot) #7

I heard that that’s what happened on mobile. It’s actually quite nice on a computer, I’m rather liking it. They’ll probably fix the issues on mobile sometime soon, though.

(Gswine) #8

Will shift to the laptop and take some time to get used to the new forum. Glad it’s not just me though :slight_smile:

(Revolver "Revolver" "Pink Ocelot Terror Ghost" Ocelot) #9

Make sure to post a lot to get through the whole “trusted user” deal, and be able to access more features.

(Gswine) #10

Will do.

This place is crazy different off the phone and is actually very smart. I just had to take a half written post from my phone which I had not posted and delete it. The website held it and my laptop, which had never logged into the site before picked it up. I’m probably sounding very old here, but mind blown.

(Morality Shaming Survivor ) #11

Yeah, that feature is awesome until you type something out and then decide not to post it and then go to a different topic/subforum and it tries to post the thing you decided not to ><

(Gswine) #12

Pitfalls to be noted, I had started getting rude/bad tempered replies out my system through the preview function and then moving on without posting. This forum is going to catch that out :oops:

Looking through threads and seeing others having navigation/ui troubles with phones. Hope others understand if flags and likes are placed oddly on replies, many buttons just registering as blank rectangles!