How was this not already a thing?!?

LET’S TALK ANIME / MANGA!!!

Do you Ike anime?

Do you watch / read it?

If so, how much?

A lot, a little, a medium in between?

What are your favourites?

What do you hate?

Do you watch subbed or Japanese with English subtitles?

What are you watching now?

Care to recommend anything to others?

To get things started, I am currently watching the thoroughly appetizing and satisfying Food Wars.

If you are a foodie like myself, as well as an anime fan, this show is sheer heaven!!!

IMG_0392IMG_0390IMG_0391

Looking forward to hearing from you all!

3 Likes

Do you Ike anime?
Been watching it since the early 90s. Just like comics, I like darker toned stuff. Well drawn, with a great compelling story. Usually neo-tokyo, dystopic stuff.

Do you watch / read it?
Do both.

If so, how much?
I have about twelve something bookshelves running through out my house. Half of them just have manga on them.

A lot, a little, a medium in between?

What are your favourites?
Ghost in the Shell, Cowboy Bebop, Gundam, Outlaw Star, Black Lagoon, Berserk, Claymore, Blade of the Immortal, Kurohime, Samurai X, Vampire Hunter D. I’m missing a few but that list is good enough.

What do you hate?
Currently? I’d say Attack on Titan. I get it, I get it but the animation style for the titans are just goofy. And it ruins the whole mood of the show.

Do you watch subbed or Japanese with English subtitles?
Depends on the anime. Most of the time the japanese subs are better. The japanese language has a way of conveying emotion better than english does so you’ll get a much better product if you listen to it in japanese but for some anime that seem to have english speaking characters, it’s nice to have that option.

What are you watching now?
The last anime I’ve watched was Dragonball Super. I kind of hated what they did with it to be honest. Vegeta in particular. The art style changed even with like the Pokemon animation, Ash has completely changed in voice and in look. It’s not the same. Comparing the two below.

https://cloudedanime.files.wordpress.com/2016/07/dragon-ball-super-050-04-vegeta.jpg Dragonball Super

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/nwrzYrpCHz0/maxresdefault.jpg Dragonball Z.

I mean I’d much rather have the cleaner lines than whatever Super is. Soft? Seems the 80s and 90s knew how to draw. It’s the same thing with comic books. Today’s art style or work seems rushed probably because of the ridiculous deadlines they put on ■■■■. It’s sad, and everybody who has a passion for this stuff is losing it because people, higher ups are just sucking the life out of them. Case and point, Hideo Kojima but another topic.

Care to recommend anything to others?
Anything that I mentioned. Again, I tend to like the darker stuff so expect foul language, sex and gore. My anime tastes are weird, I like the heavy action stuff for watching and then I can sit down and read something romantic like Ancient Magus Bride or Suzuka in book form. It’s also the only genre in which I read romantic stuff. Bizarre I know.

2 Likes

Don’t really watch any anime because no money but Barakamon is really good, would recommend.

1 Like

If you have some time, all of these sites are free:

http://www.aiseesoft.com/screen-recorder/best-anime-and-anime-sites.html

Yep.

Yep.

Here and there.

One Piece is fun.

brook panties

brook panties1

brook panties2

brook panties3

3 Likes

I don’t use free streaming sites, never have, plus it’s officialy illegal here now.

Getting Crunchyroll ween I have more spare money.

1 Like

@itsTwister

Oh, I see.

Where are you located?

If you don’t mind me asking, of course!

1 Like

Haha, sweet. Den. Sweet-den.

Sweden.

Shoot me now LOL!!!

Hey, maybe you can’t stream content as easily as us filthy capitalist pig dogs, but your economies, health and education systems, infrastructures, etc, etc, etc (never ending list), are light years ahead of ours.

I’d rather be where you are!

@itstwister

1 Like

@itsTwister

That, good sir, was beautiful.

1 Like

Those are actual real headphones btw, good ol Jecklin Floats.

Morality is subjective my friend.

@Poisonedbite

Watch out for the Thought Police!

What does it have to do with morality, it’s law…

:smirk:

I like how the majority of posts haven’t really had anything to do with anime lol

Being illegal doesn’t make it wrong. I pay for my cable, that lets me watch said shows, therefore I can also use my also paid internet to download said shows to watch at a later date. It also helps IMMENSELY with shows that no longer play, or only ran for a single season, like elfen lead or deadman wonderland (both of which were because of terrible tv adaptions) shows you can’t get in stores because they’re 30 years old, like yu yu hakusho, or Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind.

I keep them because I treasure them, and to have them archived for future generations, so they’re not lost.

I don’t agree but you do you.

This isn’t the place to talk about that stuff anyways.

anime

Now officially on to Food Wars season 2.

It’s only 13 episodes…

Noooooo…please don’t end!

:flushed::pensive::weary: