The BL1 Random Talk Thread

(Vault Hunter - Borderlands Addict) #323

I do. But usually early on before I start acquiring good gear from the armory and Craw. Thats how I got my Merc com, till Amory provided a perfect version. my Nades and shields, except for when I went for Wee Wee Super Booster. :wink:

As I keep playing and build more characters, I’ll be doing a lot more of the vendor farming.

My vendors of choice, Underdome. Lucky’s watering hole. that machine is usually good. There are others, but most are situational.

(Is this thing on?) #324

I’ve actually spent quite a few hours farming the Hyperion Gift Shop. Once in a while, I’ll get something really good, and it’s a low risk farm!

(Vault Hunter - Borderlands Addict) #325

is that the red chest basement from the Robolutions DLC? If so, I do the same, but never that long. I have never gotten anything worth keeping from there.

Edit: next day post…

This is how @billthebetta gets you out of your vehicle if you are afk. lmao I love your shenanigans. :smile:
This was when I let Bill use my game to transfer gear to other toons of his.

(odiscordia) #326

So I got this here laptop for free…it’s a hp Pavillion DV7 notebook. Dual core 2.00 ghz. 8 gb ram. GeForce 9600m gt. Anybody got any idea if this thing will run BL? I don’t even really know how old it is. I’ve been out of the pc loop for some years now

(Vault Hunter - Borderlands Addict) #327

sounds decent enough. I say go for it. :acmaffirmative:

(odiscordia) #328

Well its 11 years old…but bl is 10! Haha

(Geomason) #329

You should be alright there Odi with that notebook.

P.S. GOTY is really cheap now on cdkeys dot com

(odiscordia) #330

Awesome. I gotta get a new battery for it. It runs plugged in but can you imagine picking up some amazing gun and the cord screws up…it’s kinda loose/janky. So u can get controllers that are similar to consoles? I also got a hand me down. Xbox 360. I’ll probably pick up bl for that too. My ps3 has been worrisome lately. It was freezing up a lot in vanilla game. For some reason tbone seems to run fine

(I can win! I feel great! I CAN DO THIS!!) #331

You should be able to run it. Not at max obviously, but still.

(kills Craw with Knoxx's Gold) #332

in the last couple days, I’ve seen at least two discussions saying that a higher-power sight on a shotgun tightens the spread vs. a lower power sight. I always thought that you would zoom in further, but the red circle would just be larger and thus the sight has no influence on the accuracy.

Can someone test this out? I would do it but…I ain’t gonna.

(Vault Hunter - Borderlands Addict) #333

I still have mine. I’d coop with ya. :slight_smile:

(odiscordia) #334

Sure. If I get wifi going I’ll be sure to let u know. I saw bl1 for 495 at the shop the other day. While I’m thinking about it, has anyone ever tried hot spotting their phone to run coop on line? I was considering that

(Vault Hunter - Borderlands Addict) #335

My step son does that from time to time. With all the devices and kiddos I have running around. sometimes the bandwidth is being used and my 12 year old will hotspot his phone to play Fortnite.

(band) #336

I think there’s an old Scottes thread that mentions that higher zoom sights do in fact tighten the spread of guns when aiming down the sight. If I had to guess, I think it’s in the Detonating vs. Erupting SMG thread.

(I can win! I feel great! I CAN DO THIS!!) #337

That’s pretty much what I have to use. My internet at home maxes out at 300kb/s so only option to coop is hotspot. @Kurtdawg13 @billthebetta say there is some lag still but its what I got lol.

(kills Craw with Knoxx's Gold) #338

Just went and read that thread again…looks like it was the stock that made the difference?

(band) #339

I guess I was wrong on that being the thread. I do thi-ah. Maybe the Borderlands Best Weapons FAQ? I got this from somewhere.

Yeah! Halfway down they mention it, but their picture link is gone now.
http://www.borderlandsbestgear.com/faq/

(odiscordia) #340

Machine guns do not appear in vendors…I literally just realized this…

(odiscordia) #341

So I’m playing this old game, dead space, and at the very end this giant tentacle monster comes out of a big hole and kills the female antagonist with its giant tentacle, and then you gotta kill it…this game came out in 2008…hmmmmmmm…

(I can win! I feel great! I CAN DO THIS!!) #342

They also can’t be gotten from loot goons, or loot midgets. Basically if you see a level 69 MG… it’s hacked.