The BL1 Random Talk Thread

(Geomason) #363

Damn I still can’t get one on PC, I’m about 500 kills in now…
Cool gun Kurt!

(Vault Hunter - Borderlands Addict) #364

With the increase in mag size and all the recoil reduction Roland has. It’s so insane. I’m really loving Roland right now. and I’m pretty diverse in my loadout. With the Support com having constant ammo regen keeps my options open. I basically I’m moving thru the game with just my best Maliwan Plague and Ajax Ogre.

Last night, I purchased Ninja Scroll on Steam and watched(listened) to it while playing Borderlands. It was a very interesting mental stimulant. trying to maintain the 2 separate audio tracks simultaneously was kinda cool.

edit: This reminds me of @billthebetta with all his streaming while gaming.

(band) #365

reeeeeee
Max out Refire and the capstone in the middle tree, Supply Drop, and leave that Support Gunner COM at home! HEAVY GUNNER, BRARRR BRRARRRRRRRRR!

Hahah! Despite us playing together all that much I think it’s funny I’m already known for listening to youtube or that anime stream while playing. I’ve mostly worked through 99% of what I wanted to watch from the stream, I don’t really watch it anymore.

(Vault Hunter - Borderlands Addict) #366

without a doubt this will be end game com. still rushing thru PT2.0 for all SDU’s. Once I’m at PT2.5, I’ll be farming Craw and the Armory to get that com. I already have a swift masher anaconda Lilith gave Roland. I’m looking forward to it.

(odiscordia) #367

I was just gonna say that and bill beat me to it. Supply drop all the way. Even using torgue anarchys and 15 rof havocs…it does just fine. It is worth noting tho…I’ve noticed sometimes if you are on a ledge or building or whatnot, the care packages have trouble finding you. I noticed this when I was trying to super grenade jump into the armory and they just kept flying around my head in circles

(Vault Hunter - Borderlands Addict) #368

This Rhino is pretty sweet. Weak, but fun to watch. And the sound that procs upon each shock burst is sooooo satisfying. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

(odiscordia) #369

I’ve found rhinos to be some of the best launchers. For some reason that special effect seems to overcome the inherent problems this game has with hit detection. If only there were helix rhinos…

(Is this thing on?) #370

I found a Rhino while running Brick through the first part of Pt.2. THAT. WAS. AWESOME!!! (Quote is from the wrong game, I know, but it fits so well!)

(Vault Hunter - Borderlands Addict) #371

the Wiki is riddled with gibbed items. So many 69 leveled Pearls and Eridians
Really?! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I’m getting tired of the misinformation I’m running across with no checks and balance in place.

@Gulfwulf

(Boring Ol' Album Cover) #372

“Facts don’t matter. This place is about community.”
-An actual (paraphrased) quote from someone on the Wiki some years ago.
Face it, it’s a lost cause, sadly.

Aside: holy hell, I made this thread nearly 4 years ago and it’s still going? Sh*t… >.>

(Vault Hunter - Borderlands Addict) #373

I’m getting my posse together. Gonna light some fires and may the bridges I burn, light the way. :expressionless:

(Cast Iron Chef) #374

I say just go ahead and delete them. WB can comment/revert the deletes if he feels they’re not justified.

(Vault Hunter - Borderlands Addict) #375

I like your style Gulf. :sunglasses:

edit: and so it begins…

(Geomason) #376

Is it possible to just change those pics to correct ones?

(Vault Hunter - Borderlands Addict) #377

yes, which is what I’m going to do. Actually, I’m just going to delete them. level 69 pearls, need to go away. level 69 legendary eridian weapons, will be removed as well. it will all boil down to if Warblade will allow this. Hes the lead on the Borderlands Wiki site, so hopefully he sees the necessity in this. I feel like the wiki should be like the forums here. it’s community driven, but we all adhere to a set of rules keeping things legitimate. no gibbed items, no use of 3rd party software, etc. There is a split between PC and Console. PC has the advantage in using 3rd party software. Console does not and goes a step further by stating you’re breaking the terms and conditions of said platform.

I take the approach of someone picking up the game and playing it. loving it like I do and most of us in here do. So they start looking up info. where can I get “this”? what boss drops “this”? level 69 pearls will never spawn in game. someone trying for that “Grail” find will never happen and I would be pissed if it were me wasting a ton of time on something that can never happen.

Edit: there is a reason the “Wiki” has that rep of “don’t trust what you find on the wiki”. A lot of the info is accurate, but there is some instances where its not accurate. I’m going to make an effort to clean that up.

(Geomason) #378

Yep you’re right, we can upload some legit pics…

(Orzesz ty Brumgocylu) #379

Does anyone know if lets say I would buy Borderlands goty (that version where dlc are on disc) for xbox 360 will I be able to play those dlc without any ubdates and what lvl cap would be?

(band) #380

GOTY goes up to Lv69.

(Is this thing on?) #381

Wish I had an answer for you. I actually have the GotY edition myself, but I’m too chicken to see what would happen if I cleared the system cache and restarted the game.

(Orzesz ty Brumgocylu) #382

Oh man dont do that I’m not exepct for anyone to test that.