The Borderlands Super Bowl Commercial That Never Was

(Influencer Guy) #1

Happy Super Bowl Sunday everyone!

Whether you like football or not, you have to admit, there’s almost always a good commercial or two in there. Some people even watch the game just for the commercials!

Well, if the marketing team at Hyperion had been a little more “on the ball”, maybe this one would’ve been included tonight. Unfortunately, it sounds the check wasnt sent off in time. Oh well, at least I can share with you guys here. I give you the “Borderlands Super Bowl Commercial that never was”:

(Super Badass Constructor ) #2

Hyperion can moonshot one of those to my place any-day!

(Influencer Guy) #3

I’m assuming you mean the claptrap and not the man-boy, yes?

(Super Badass Constructor ) #4

lmao yes the claptrap xD

(GREASE FOR SALE, GREASY FOR SALE!) #5

I was going to post this but you beat me by 12 hours. If had a hot cup of coffee (or like coffee for that matter), im sure i would spit it out laughing at this commercial.

(Min/Maxing and Flakker god) #6

That was super creepy…
I doubt the superbowl would have allowed that on the air…

I must go drink bleach now to cleanse my mind of that commercial.

Damn American media…

(Influencer Guy) #7

Hey man, if they’ll allow the one about the dead kid, right? That was kinda messed up.

(Min/Maxing and Flakker god) #8

I don’t watch the super bowl, I am probably drunk in a dumpster or high off a mixture of kava-kava and kratom.
Two barely legal plants that mess you up if you take enough of it.

You mean yankeball. Football is played with your feet.

(Min/Maxing and Flakker god) #11

GO AWAY YOU NON-AMERICAN.

You don’t know the glories of 'merica

(Eat it peasants!) #12

I don’t even watch TV, let alone the super bowl. What commercial about what dead kid? Just curious…

(Influencer Guy) #13

The best thing to do would be to search it online. It’s become a pretty huge meme after last night. Essentially, it’s an insurance commercial and the theme of the commercial is “keep it safe” or something like that. Anyway, this kid kind of appears out of the nowhere and says something to the effect of “I would’ve done that, but I died…” It was really bizarre and jarring. My ears went up and I asked my wife if I’d heard that right. It was really strange, but made for some hilarious twitter reading.

(Eat it peasants!) #14

Wow, tasteless. You just gotta love commercials. One of the reasons I gave up watching TV. Thanks for the info :smile:

(A sentry on guard) #15

Yeezus Christ that commercial was disturbing. But oddly satisfying?

( The Dogs Bollocks) #16

While tripping over nothing crying foul, I’ll give them thier due, American footballers put a hell of a lot more into the game than the so called real (soccer) footballers.
Mind you neither is a patch on Rugby.

Edit. I’d absolutely love to have/get one of those claptraps but there’s no way I could afford one.

(you can change the song, hun 🌻) #17

I dont even…

2spooky4mr

(Revolver "Revolver" "Pink Ocelot Terror Ghost" Ocelot) #18

There’s so many things wrong about this that make it so right… or something like that.

(GREASE FOR SALE, GREASY FOR SALE!) #19

Joe do you know where i can buy one? They dont seem like they are available anywhere. It seems like i could have entertainment for hours on end if you could show me where to get it. I have been looking for a Giant Man Baby for months, and now that i have found one in this commercial, he is no where to be found, is he sold out?

(Influencer Guy) #20

I’ve heard jails or prisons have lots in stock, @Greasy_Broccoli.