The Coronavirus/COVID-19 Thread

Well that didn’t take long:

And this with 85% of adults having at least one shot, 79% fully vaccinated. Now waiting for the college/university numbers to start coming in…

2 Likes

The pinnacle of logical academic thought has spoken. Why have the people refused to listen?:wink:

4 Likes

There’s always a flip side:

2 Likes

UNITED NATIONS — World leaders will have to be vaccinated against the coronavirus to speak at the U.N. General Assembly’s big meeting next week, the assembly leader and New York City officials have said, prompting swift objections from at least one nation.

Oh gee. I wonder who that could be. Really. I have no idea who could possibly be so obtuse.

But Russian Ambassador Vassily Nebenzia blasted the vaccine demand as a “clearly discriminatory” infringement on nations’ rights at the U.N.

Awesome choice of words. It’s almost like Nebenzia recently visited a Russian troll farm and had the phrase on the tip of his tongue.

1 Like

But Russia has the BEST vaccine! Sputnik V is V for Victory! Why wouldn’t the ambassador already be vaccinated? Surely he doesn’t want to offend President Poutine?

/s

2 Likes
4 Likes

That’s ignoring that we still don’t have an accurate count yet either, frankly people are still underestimating how deadly this has been. It’s among the highest death tolls of an epidemic in history.

4 Likes

And that is just stating the American death count. Like what happened in poorer countries was ■■■■■■■ horrifying… they were making mass pyres in parks and even burning corpses on the streets. Makes me so mad at the “omg covid doesn’t exist” crowd.

I also learned a forum member lost his battle with covid too, like, it’s going to hit home.

5 Likes

Damn that’s sad. Can you send me a pm with the name?

1 Like