The Dev Talk - Ask everything here, to keep it all together

(Getdowntothegrou) #417

Since character specific legendary gear sats are random, how would you get another one if you don’t like the stats? for example, if I unlock Miko’s legendary gear by completing his lore challenge, and the base stats could be better, is there a way for me to get another one with the chance of better stats?

(iPayUrFrenZ on PS4) #418

Why are there Skins in Faction packs that can be unlocked through character ranks? I was SUPER disappointed when I got a Skin for S&A and found out it was one of her unlockable ones, since I’ve been looking for one of her skins for like EVER.

They’re rare as hell and you might not even get one for the character you play, yet they put skins that are easy to get in the pool…

I think that should be changed asap. 'till then I’ll stop buying faction packs.

(Madix) #419

I haven’t seen any skins in the packs that can be unlocked through character level yet. I’ve only seen White ones and the yellow/purple ones.

EDIT: Clarification

(iPayUrFrenZ on PS4) #420

Oh, I must have gotten the same skin (yellow/purple) for S&A already and figured I had unlocked it via level up.

That said, I still dislike that it wasn’t taken off of the pool once unlocked. :confused:

(Madix) #421

I haven’t had that problem yet, but that really sucks, sorry to hear. It wouldn’t be so bad if their was a trade system in place so you could trade for other skins/gear. However, I don’t see something like that happening so it would be nice if it was removed from the pool once you unlock it.

(badguy5 on YouTube) #422

Preliminary testing is that the half of Reyna’s Overshield that gets applied to herself isn’t affected by healing received or healing power. I’ll coordinate online with someone later to confirm whether or not it applies to others.

(the one person that likes capture ) #423

you can get them from their faction packs if you are a lucky duckling (◕‿◕) since you want miko you would buy the eldrid one.

(the one person that likes capture ) #424

do you know if reload speed and recoil are useless on melee characters i’ve been wondering that (~˘▾˘)~.

(iPayUrFrenZ on PS4) #425

They are indeed useless on Melee characters. You can safely use -reload and -recoil gear for cheaper activation on Melee characters without worrying.

(Getdowntothegrou) #426

thanks!

(the one person that likes capture ) #427

i thought so thanks they really should have this somewhere ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

(Frost Mikkel) #428

So what’s the deal with randomized stats on character lore gear? Why is it that I can get a Blade of Transfusion, Caldarius legendary gear, that is statistically worse than another person’s Blade of Transfusion?

Are these pieces of gear truly one time only? Am I just screwed and forced to be less effective than someone with the same gear if I get a drop with worse stats?

Or is there some way to acquire them again? To roll for a better one? Maybe once they’re acquired through the lore challenges, they can drop from various other loot tables while playing the character?

Do I have to end every sentence in a question mark? Am I too lazy to format my ideas and inquiries in a way that doesn’t require constant question marks? Yes?

(the one person that likes capture ) #429

loot packs may the rng shine upon you ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

(Frost Mikkel) #430

So what you’re saying, is that I can get another Caldarius only piece of legendary gear, that is normally acquired by completing all of his lore challenges, by opening loot packs? Doesn’t seem right, unless the devs foresaw this exact situation when they left RNG in the lore legendaries.

Not that I don’t believe that they could have the foresight to correct this potential issue, it’s just that I believe the potential that they had missed this issue more. After all, they are still just human, and thus capable of error. So while I would like for them to correct this issue, if lore legendaries are really one time drops, I do not blame them for it.

(the one person that likes capture ) #431

well i think the character ones should be a fixed stat seeing how impossible they are to acquire amd theyy are unique/special, but im happy just to have it either way. I already opened 15+ faction packs didnt get one maybe 1 taunt 2 skins it is pretty rare to get them that way.
also its separated by FACTIONS so you could keep getting rath or ambra and such i think they want you to complete the lore instead of doing it that way. i think its kind of dumb as well but Im sure some people right now would rather do it that way then try to do say toby or thorns lore :kissing_smiling_eyes:

(Newfoundcontrol) #432

This is going to be fixed. The Character specific legendary gear is not supposed to have random stats. GBX thought they fixed it with a day one patch but must have slipped by.

will there be double XP weekends or daily challenges or something like that?
I would love to see that in Battleborn.

(Newfoundcontrol) #434

The Q&A today mentioned the addition of Daily and Weekly mission challenges coming.

Thanks

(Newfoundcontrol) #436

Welcome. This post also just had a discussion started here if you want to join in.